Oklahoma

Tanning?

I want to be tan for my wedding, well not an orange but just not have any tan lines from the summer. Any ideas? Is tanning really worth it in a tanning bed? Do spray on tan's wear of on your clothes? I'm getting married in October so it's not very time sensitive I'm just not sure. Also would it be best to tan before the summer so I don't get obviouse tan lines or after?

Thank you guys!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tanning?

• edited December 2011
    Are you outside much during the summer?  I'm out a lot so by the end of the summer I'm pretty dark and always take the straps off my suit so I don't have lines.  Depending on your dress you might not have to worry about that. 
    Not that outdoor tanning is good for you, but indoor tanning is just too much for me.  Getting in 10 minutes what can take a couple hours outdoors (with sunscreen) just is a little scary to me.  I've never tried spray tanning so I don't know anything about it.  But I'm pretty sure it won't wear off on your clothes, definitely not a few days later.
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not outside much, I have a job as a leasing agent so from 9 to 6 I'm inside. I don't have a dress yet but I'm wanting a strapless, and I would like to be the same color all around so I think spray tan or tanning bed are my only options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Although I'll be in the pool off and on this summer. I'm using a tanning bed because I don't want tan lines.   With that said I was a cheerleader for numerous years and tanning was a way of life (basically a requirement). Plus I worked at a tanning salon in high school LOL
    I HAVE done the spray tan twice.  And we wore white uniforms and by the end of the day you could see on the uniform where I had sweated and the "tan" had come off. 
    If it doesn't bother you the "tan" possibly getting on your dress I'd say go for it, no one would see it, it's against your skin, you don't see it til after you take it off.  It's simple  I'd try it the month before just to make sure you are happy with the turn out.  The color looks best two or three days into it IMO.

But honestly- no one's going to say 'man she wasn't tan at all! or dang she's white!"
    If its not in your budget or you aren't comfortable with the process of indoor tanning or spray tanning.  Then I wouldn't worry about it at all. 
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spray tans with Versa Spa is great! You can get it with or without bronzer. The bronzer will give you the immediate color and your tan will still develop. It WILL rub off on clothes however if you just do clear your clothes will be fine. You won't get color immediately but it looks great. The have a product called Amplify that Versa Spa offers. It helps your spray tan develop quicker, and more evenly. There are three levels. Two is the most popular to get and I highly recommend it. 

Here are some pictures from when I went to Vegas... 

To find a Versa Spa tanning location:

Test it out and see if you like it
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your advice!!! I really don't want it coming off on my dress (since I might rent a dress) so I'll be going with the tanning bed. I might try it out here in a couple days and then just go a couple days before my wedding.
    Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards