Moms and Maids
Options

Groom has to many friends!

We are getting married next spring so we have plenty of time to plan our wedding. But I am having some problems finding bridesmaids! My FI is having 5 guys stand up with him, and I only have 3! All of his friends he has been friends with since kindergarden pretty much, and I do not want to ask him to tell one of them he can not have them stand up with him. So I am looking for ideas to make it look more even. We are not having a ring bear because we have no little boys in our family but tons of younger girls. All under the age of 17. I have thought about asking a few of them to be bridesmaids but don't want to hurt the others feelings. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you in advance!!

Re: Groom has to many friends!

• Options
    lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry about uneven sides, it happens all the time these days. (look at many many other previous posts). And please don't ask somebody just to fill space, because you'll probably regret it later (also see many many other previous posts). If you only have 3 girls who you would love to stand up with you, then only ask 3 girls. And don't make your FI cut his guys out either, you don't want to get in between him and his friends.
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uneven sides are the total norm these days (been to a couple recent weddings of friends and it took me a good while to even notice).

Now if you want to make less noticeable (though it will really would take someone who is anal about evenness) here are some entrances you can do; have only the ladies walk down the aisle, mix it up with guy/girl, or have girl walk half/guy walk half for every other guy. During the ceremony, everyone will be focus on you and your FI (along with the pastor/priest/etc), but you can have the wedding party sit down for the majority of the ceremony with only the BM/MOH coming up for certain parts. As for the Recessional, just double up the guys with girls (or you can do what was done for the processional), trust me, no one with really care, most the time people can't even see since they are still standing clapping for the bride and groom.

As for pictures, your photographer should have zero problems thinking of various poses with the wedding party. I have seen some fun photos from friends w/ uneven parties and it truly makes pictures unique. 

Also girls can be RB, I've been in weddings where the bride had young female cousins but no male cousins. She just used the cousins to be RB/FG. But if you have a lot of cousins varying in ages, it might be smart to not mess with it (this goes for bridesmaids as well).
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't "find" bridesmaids. You ask the ladies who are closest to you and that you love dearly. You can have the ladies walk down alone and have the guys already waiting up there. When they exit the ceremony, you can have 2 guys walk out first and then the last 3 walk out with a lady. No one will remember this and the wedding is about you and your FI anyways.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just have uneven sides.  It won't invalidate your marriage, promise.

When you look back at your wedding pictures, you'll be looking at their faces, not counting the numbers.  Do you really want to look back and wonder "why did I ask her?"
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    leoraannaleoraanna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Ask the women/girls who are close to you and who you want up there with you on your wedding day. They don't have to be even sides at all, it is perfectly fine so long as you are comfortable with it and so is your FI. Good luck!
    Nov 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fictional Couple
    Photobucket
    image 282 Invited
    image 198 Making the Party!
    image 56 Staying at home :(
    image 28 Slow-pokes
    RSVP Date: November 5, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards