Wedding Etiquette Forum

Saturday Night Fever

Re: Saturday Night Fever

• KC is good.  Right now I have too much time and not enough money, but that will all change once school starts.  I'm becoming a doctor as fast as I can.  Give me about 10ish years and then the job is yours :)
  • Jill, have you checked out Care.com? I have a degree in CDFR and am going to be a nanny for a year or two. I know some other students that have education degrees that do this as well. I'll be the nanny for a nanny share and each family will be paying considerably less per month for their kids to get more individualized care. 
  • Hey all.  I'm home on the couch for the night.  I don't feel like cooking tonight, so I'm having strawberries and this awesome locally made honey challah bread for dinner.  Holy carbs, but it's so good.  Remind me I said that when I'm trying to delete it from around my waist.  FI had to go in to work for a few hours tonight. Bummer.
  • Evening ladies.  Childcare is insanely expensive.  I've already told H that if we have a kid I am not working full time anymore.  I have to work 20 hours a week to qualify for benefits, so I'd probably just have to work the 2 days since H's benefits suck.  My SIL and I would work out our schedules so we don't work the same days and just watch each others kids.  Or I'm hoping my mom retires and offers to watch one or two days a week :)
    Photobucket
  • Those both sound like good plans KJB. Whenever I have kids I hope I live close to my mom. She's already offered to watch them all the time and they don't even exist. 
  • Good night ladies.

DH and  I took  Chef through the French Quarter.  He is so good when he is out.  Sits and lays.  Goes up to other dogs, but when it's time to leave, he leaves.  We get stopped all the time, but it's all good. 

Now that we are home.  Well that is a different story.  He is a pain in the ass.   He is a crazy man.  I guess it's better that way, but I would love the mellow guy at home once in a while.

Still trying to figure out dinner.  Dh is cooking tomorrow, so tonight is up in the air. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I am not super picky about car appearance as far as color goes but yeah that car is extra fug, daff. I'm one of those people that would be terrified to drive in a mini or a smart car. I'd be afraid of getting splattered because there is nothing cushioning you in an accident. Hell, I hate my own car and it's a 4 door Elantra that has been through 3 car accidents.
  • I wish I knew there was food talk in here I would have stayed away a little longer.  I'm starving.

We keep saying we're going to make a trip to Cedar Point.  One of these days.

Evening folks! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• The Mini feels surprisingly safe to me. I dunno. KJB, the benefits at work wouldn't even be worth 20 hours for me; H and I have the exact same plans through our respective jobs.
  • Fezzers!  How's it going being a mommy?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d178bf50-247d-4e38-8532-7d08aaf08636Post:bbaa3af8-affc-4f3a-8748-4d0513eb095f">Re: Saturday Night Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I knew there was food talk in here I would have stayed away a little longer.  I'm starving. We keep saying we're going to make a trip to Cedar Point.  One of these days. Evening folks! 
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

I missed that you had Kane.  So beautiful.  Congrats

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • KJB- It's amazing! I'm loving every minute of it despite the lack of sleep.

Thanks, Lynda.

• Aww Fezz congrats. Baby Fezz is adorable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey guys! I'm wasted at the Kenny/Tim concert. I didn't read the thread. How is everybody?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kane is cute as shiiit.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d178bf50-247d-4e38-8532-7d08aaf08636Post:c972455b-c728-4096-9ffe-1243523277c6">Re:Saturday Night Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys! I'm wasted at the Kenny/Tim concert. I didn't read the thread. How is everybody?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Have a good time!!!
  • edited June 2012
    I'm sure you've heard it a billion times already but he really does look sooo much like you, Fezzy. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d178bf50-247d-4e38-8532-7d08aaf08636Post:a10628ee-b9e2-4c26-afae-6ead392ecab9">Re:Saturday Night Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not super picky about car appearance as far as color goes but yeah that car is extra fug, daff.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    Ugh. I feel like a huge brat but it's gonna be an eyesore in our driveway. There were a bunch he was considering, why he has to go and pick the ugliest one is beyond me.

He's not 100% sure yet, hopefully he finds something he likes better tomorrow.
  • Does he think it's attractive Daff?
    Photobucket
  • I understand, daff. I feel like the only color car I really don't like is beige. But that grey color is not even nice looking -- it looks cheap or something? Sorry, I hope he finds something better! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d178bf50-247d-4e38-8532-7d08aaf08636Post:c972455b-c728-4096-9ffe-1243523277c6">Re:Saturday Night Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys! I'm wasted at the Kenny/Tim concert. I didn't read the thread. How is everybody?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

My sister is there wasted also!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d178bf50-247d-4e38-8532-7d08aaf08636Post:a780568b-8d44-42d8-bc79-413113493d73">Re: Saturday Night Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure you've heard it a billion times already but he really does look sooo much like you, Fezzy. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Usually infants just look like babies to me, and don't resemble anyone. But not in his case.
  • kjb - I guess it's just not important to him. He's more concerned with practicality.

musu - yeah, it's just such a bad grey. Usually I like grey on a car, but that color is like dirty dishwater grey.
  • I agree daff, I usually don't see resemblance much in an infant. But he totally has Fezz's face and cheeks. 
  • Musu, everyone keeps telling us that!  It's hard for me to see it but when I compare pictures I see it.  :)

• Is he a fussy baby or more chill? I just imagine him as a baby Mr. Cheeto since you're the Cheeto cat to me in your chillness. ;)
  • He's super chill.  It kind of scares me, like one day he's going to wake up and be a devil child.   Now I want cheetos. Tongue Out

• yay, chill babies are good. :) Now he's baby cheeto. hahah I am so weird sorry. 
  • Fezz Kane is too cute!
  • Musu - I have a totally random question for you. In every ballet movie/show I've ever seen, they make a big thing of the dancers banging/burning/ripping/sewing etc. their pointe shoes. How come the shoe makers don't just make them the way dancers want them to begin with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards