Florida-North Florida
Options

Panama City Beach Recommendations! Photographer and Wedding Package Company!

Hi! I am getting married next October in PCB and although I have vacationed there for the past 30 years growing up I need some guidance and recommendations for a nice beach wedding. I am looking for a professional photographer and wedding package company in particular. There are so many wedding package companies it is overwhelming. Also, can anyone provide any feedback to having the wedding at St. Andrew's state park on the beach there versus the main condo stretch? I am familiar with all of the reception venues/restaurants but if anyone has had or knows of a place they recommend over another any suggestions would be helpful! Also, flowers, hair and makeup! Thank you so much for any help. I just want the wedding to be laid back yet beautiful and most importantly fun for everyone making the trek to PCB. Thanks again for any feedback!
e
ps. Does anyone know if any of the condos offer transportation to and from the airport/will pick up from your reception site for a fee?

Re: Panama City Beach Recommendations! Photographer and Wedding Package Company!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding event.  My name is Mary Jo Odom and I coordinate the calendar for the staff of Officiants at Florida Nuptials.
    Our company has officiated many events In Panama City Beach, and throughout the greater Florida Panhandle.  St. Andrews is a great place to have a sunset wedding, and there is an $8 entrance fee per car.   Budget is an important factor in recommending resorts, hair, etc.  A great consideration is a stay at the Baypoint Marriott.  We've had quite a few bridal couples stay there that we've spoken with.  There is a salon to handle the hair and makeup for you, and they have a coordinator on the property. If you want to do-it-yourself,  St. Andrews is just a few minutes away and around the corner from the resort.  The Marriott may also have transportation available. 
    The specialty of our company is to provide the services of an Officiant.  We also offer photography services  and decorative packages at very reasonable rates.  A couple of years ago we downsized and are no longer a wedding company offering large packages at large prices. However, we have kept a few of our very favorite decorations to offer out of state couples that wish to have something special on their wedding day, without costing a fortune. We also have chairs, tables, etc. available, but most beach events are usually kept pretty casual and simple. I hope this information helps you and good luck with your planning.  Remember to keep it light, easy, and enjoy.  Our website is under re-construction, but can still be viewed at http://floridanuptials.com   Our contact information is floridanuptials@aol.com  Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.  Sincerely,
    Mary Jo

• Options
    Bill PottsBill Potts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can help with the photography, feel free to contact me here:

http://www.boudoirconnection.com/contact.html
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Officiant4u and Bill Potts, you both are violating The Knots rules.  Vendors are not allowed to post on these forums.  They are for brides and should remain vendor free.  

*reported*
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    brian+caitlinbrian+caitlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Chip Lloyd for my wedding this October, also in PCB! The pictures on his website and FB are beautiful, but in person they're absolutely gorgeous. PM me after my wedding (Oct 23) and I'll let you know how he was, if you're interested.
  • Options
    alicia1711alicia1711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Heather Walker Photography www.heatherwalkerphotography.com for photos. She is awesome and has great prices.  She did our engagement pics and I love them.  She does more beach weddings, but ours is a large church wedding and I trust her completely.  She is very responsive to what you want from your pictures.  She has done TONS of weddings at St. Andrew and they are gorgeous!  If you contact her, let her know that Alicia referred you!

I have hired elegant beginnings to do my "day of" wedding coordination.  Kimberly is wonderful to work with and I am looking forward to have a stress free wedding day with their help.  I am using Blossom's floral out of Chipley.  Kirby's work is beatiful and a 1/3 of the cost of the florists I spoke with in PC

Most local "package" type wedding planners can provide you with flowers, decor, reception site, etc. 

For hair and makeup, I am using Amber Gately.  850-832-8650.  She will come to you and is super reasonable.

I am a local, so let me know if you have any questions.  I am happy to help you!Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    erinleekeefeerinleekeefe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Bill

I apologize it has taken me so long to reply to you. This is the first time I have ever "blogged" and didn't think anyone would respond and have been pleasantly surprised! I plan to check out your website today and your work. I Love photography and that is a key element to my wedding and so look forward to checking out your work and services. I will keep in touch. Thank you for responding to my email.

Erin
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Brian/Caitlin

Thank you so much for your photographer feedback! I apologize about responding to this so late...this is my first time "blogging" and I kind of forgot I did it because I thought I wouldn't get any feedback so I really do appreciate you taking the time to send me the info on your photographer. I plan to check out his website right now. I Love pictures and photography so that is key to my wedding and any feedback on that aspect of the process is helpful so thanks again and I can't wait to check out Chip Lloyd :) Thanks again and have a fabulous time at your wedding!
    Erin

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Alicia

As you can see from my other posts I apologize about the delay in sending this. First time blogging and didn't think anyone would respond! Your feedback has been sooo helpful...thank you so much. My Dad lives down there now and I have been vacationing there since about 2 so for the past 28 years. Thank you for being willing to answer any questions I might have as well. I am flying down for a week and a half the end of October of this year to start the planning for next year and am hoping with all of the feedback I have been given from all of you and my own personal ideas and direction it will all fall into place.

I plan to check out Heatherwalkerphotography.com today and if I end up going with her after checking out a few others I will be sure to tell her that you referred her to me. It is nice to hear that she was great to work with and that her photos are gorgeous because the photography of the wedding and day/evening are one of the most important things to me.

I also plan to check out Elegant Beginnings. Is that a wedding package company or a wedding planner type company? I recall seeing it in my wedding day research but can't recall off the top of my head. I plan to check that out as well.

My flowers will be simple but even so the suggestion on Blossom's flowers is great! I need a flower for my hair and I and the wedding party of girls are only going to hold one large long stemmed White Lily. I didn't know where to go for even those simple flowers and now I have Blossom's.

The hair suggestion helps tremendously bc some places are outrageous with their costs coming to you which is what I want so the photographer can be present at the condo as well. I will def'ly give Amber a call maybe even this year to see if she would even be willing to do a trial run come this October. Does she work in a salon or is she self employed on her own?

Thanks again Alicia for everything. I appreciate the feedback and plan to use these suggestions in my planning process!

Erin
  • Options
    alicia1711alicia1711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erin,
    Wishing you lots of luck with your planning!  Elegant beginnings does coordination but also does wedding packages.  For flowers, since you are just having a few, you may go with a florist local to PCB or PC, for the things you mentioned, the cost shouldn't be too excessive. 

For hair and makeup, Amber does have a booth in a salon in PC, although I can't remember the name of it right now.  Mom was down from Illinois this past weekend and Amber cut her hair and did a trial run on how she would style mom's hair for the wedding and it looked great.  I have my trial run for hair and makeup set for Oct. 2 (2 weeks before the wedding).  I have no doubt that she will make me look pretty!

Heather does great work and you will be pleased with her photos and her prices.  You can look her up on facebook too.  Chip Lloyd does beautiful work (he goes to my church), but he is more costly than some of the others, but again, he does beautiful pics and has been around for a loooong time!

Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help you!
    Alicia
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used Sarah Jordan. She's over close to Fort Walton Beach, but I know she's done weddings in PCB. www.sarah-jordan-photography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards