Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Still need a cake...

Ok, well that was a little overdramatic, but I do in fact need someone to make me a cake for my wedding.  However, I don;t need it until Feb 18th.  I am however, on a tight budget.  Does anyone have any suggestions of a budget-friendly baker  who will makes both beautiful and delicious cakes?  Our wedding is in Gilbert and delivery is a must.  I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Re: Still need a cake...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    An old student of mine  (she goes to ASU now) began a cake/cupcake business awhile back.  She does a great job and her cakes look amazing.  She is very girly and modern in her design, can be counted on, and since she is younger and the business is fairly new her prices for wedding cakes should be lower than most other companies.  Its worth contacting her and maybe testing the product!  The link to her site is http://glamcakesaz.wordpress.com/  .  Tell her that Alanna Webb gave you her information- good luck!
  • Options
    erro15erro15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same problem, however one baker suggested I get a two-tier cake, plus a sheet cake (this can be hidden in the back and not even displayed, and served with the rest of it).  But, I'm also saving money by having someone pick it up, so that's another issue.  Two tier cakes can easily be picked up, though, if you were worrying about transporting a three or four-tiered cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had several people suggest the two tier cake and sheet cakes in the back!  It really cuts down on costs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  Alanna, I emailed your suggestion.

I have heard about the sheet ckae as well.  We are expecting a small crowd so I think that might work for me as well.  But I definately want a nice cake for presentation and pictures!
  • Options
    kendra196kendra196 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baker wee
    http://www.baker-wee.com/
    They did mine I also had them do 2 small round cakes and going to serve sheets of cake it was cheaper. They also do a free cake on your one year too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards