Favors
Options

Reusable shopping bags?

I have been considering giving reusable grocery bags as our favors at our wedding. FI ( I hope that means fiance?) doesn't care, and our parents think its fine, but I wanted to know what other brides/wedding guests think? I would like something that people may use again, and I try to be "green". I use reusable bags myself when I shop, but don't want to give something foolish... any thoughts?

Re: Reusable shopping bags?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's something I'm considering to do :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI & I got them as gifts for a wedding we went to earlier this year.  We have never used them for groceries, but instead to carry the dog's wet & sandy towel home from the beach.  It's a unique gift, and definitely more useful than edibles or other trinkets.
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as it's not personalized, I think this is a really good idea. It is definitely something your guests will be able to use again. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto about not being personalized, and I think it will be a good favor.  My friend put her OOT bags in reusable shopping bags and I thought that was a great idea. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a collection from everywhere they are available and use them for everything and I think they are a great idea and would love another!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use these for everything.  To be frank, I don't really care what's on them, but the idea of walking around with a bag that says "Amanda and Brian tie the knot" weirds me out.  Maybe get something Boston related (assuming that's where the wedding is.) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs. It's a cool idea and I think people would actually get use out of them. I just wouldn't personalize them with your name or monogram. Maybe just get them in your wedding colors and put a tag on them to personalize them for your day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea.  I love reusable shopping bags and use them for everything.

Ditto PPs.  Do not personalize them with your names/date/monogram.  I like the idea of just having them in your wedding colors.
  • Options
    osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just logged on to post a similar question for our welcome bags! Have you seen them anywhere to buy?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like this idea a bit more for the in-room bag for out of town guests.  I like the idea and use my bags all the time at the grocery store but I also think that because they are a little large, its a bit awkward for the favor.  I usually picture the favor sitting on the table at each place so you may need to think about distributing them another way since they would likely interfere with your table setting.  Unless you can maybe fold them up really small and tie with a nice ribbom or raffia...? 
  • Options
    lechantelllechantell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check discountmugs.com. I bought them and don't laugh I put our names and the date on them. lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea!  I'm so glad you posted.  I have been trying to figure out a good favor that isn't edible. I'm definitely going to check this out in our wedding colors.  Then I can put ribbon and a card on the handle with our names and wedding date.  :-)
    MarBear and Sweetie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards