Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

DIY Hair?

I am thinking of doing my own hair for the wedding. It isn't until December, so I have a lot of time for trial and error! Has anyone else done this? Thoughts?

Re: DIY Hair?

• greygarnettgreygarnett member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I think it could be very nice. Only you know your hair best. I would NEVER do it because my hair is very tempermental and sometimes it just doesn't want to do anything I tell it to and thats not something i want to deal with on the already stressful day of my wedding (its not like I can give up and throw it in a ponytail). If you do a lot of trials and think it would be something you could pull off then thats awesome; all the better for you on saving costs. I know a girl who did it and it looked very cute, I would just never do it myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly, If I had enough confidence in myself to do this, I would!

I have seen many brides in both bridal magazines and online who have done it and turned out lovely. You definitely have time to practice. But if you have a friend who does hair maybe you can ask for tips or a little guidance to help you practice. Also check on youtube. There are many videos on there that show you the right styling tools you would need and the process of doing your hair. I have mimicked hairstyles many a time that I have learned off of Youtube.

However, if it is a matter of cost -- get a student from a cosmetology school! Thats what I am doing. So far she has done great in the trial runs. So I am getting a free style and she gets pictures for her portfolio! We both win.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards