March 2012 Weddings

Suggestions?...

My fiance and I finally booked our church where we are getting married, we are now looking at different places for our reception, is this still good timing? I feel like everyone has so many things done already :/  Also, does anyone have any idea what color goes well with blue? We were thinking blue and white but I dont want it to seem boring. Thanks for teh help eveyone! :)

Re: Suggestions?...

• Congrats and welcome! I think you are on a good time line. Maybe start emailing out inquiries to photographers since they seem to book early as well. And I think blue and white is very clean and chrisp. The blue will really pop. Depending on what color blue you are going for you could also do silver. You could do dark blue and lighter shades of blue. Here is what the knot suggests: http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-colors/blue-wedding.aspx

Keep us updated as your planning progresses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • I think your timeline is just fine! A lot of us have been engaged over a year-1.5 years so we just have knocked things out here and there. I love blue and white!! I don't think it is boring at all! I agree to check out what the knots says. They had a nice combo of blue and red. I adore blue and yellow together persoanly. :) But it's your wedding so whatever you heart desires as far as colors go is what you should pick!!
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey girl! We just booked our church last week ( our wedding date is 3/31/12) and we are going on the 29th with our wedding planner to look at the 2 reception places that i think will work best. We also have a meeting with the photographer i love on the 20th so those are the 3 things im trying to get taken care of right now. What shade of blue are you using? I think blue and white are classic and beautiful but if you want something a little different or funky ...Yellows go well  and ive seen a lot of Navy and green lately. Good luck with everything!

-Courtney

• Congrats. You're doing great. We've got the church and the reception hall. Now, I'm trying to determine my colors. I'm also going with blue, but don't know what to put with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • congrats!  We are 3/24/12 and we have only locked the church and venue.  Hit up soem bridal shows then you can meet photogs and DJs and a few other vendors in one shot.  We are going to meet with DJ this weekend and hopefully book.  goodluck with the rest! you have time to plan it all out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your Good and on track! I love navy blue and pink or blue and gold!
  • we are 3/4/12 and we only have venue and dress
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • another really helpful suggestion for pairing of colors is

http://www.theperfectpaletteblog.com/

gives you tons of ideas of colors and even ideas for the wedding/reception.

HTH!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Thanks everyone for your feedback, going out to look for dresses today so i'm very excited! I will definitely check out those websites posted to get an idea of how the blue would look with all the decorations! We have several venues in line, we have to decide which one we will go with and then continue with everything else! I've also been looking into honeymoon packages and was wondering if anyone knew of websites to check out for honeymoons to europe or companies to look at? Any info is helpful, I'm so glad this site exist otherwise I would be completely LOST.....lol :)
  • I have found when traveling in Europe that renting apartments or villas is a great way to go. They are less expensive and more comfortable than hotels. Depending where you go and whether you will be traveling or staying in one area I can recommend some sites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards