Favors
Options

gummi bears?

I am going to have a pretty laid back wedding, and I was thinking about using gummi bears for my favors, does that seem weird or would it be interesting? We will probably also have a lot of little kids at the reception, so i was thinking they might like that, but I don't know. Advice?

Re: gummi bears?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I LOVE Gummy Bears, and specifically, Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears. However, it seems lately that I have been meeting more and more people who don't eat them because they have gelatin in them. So, depending on who you are inviting, that would be my only caveat.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do gummi bears mean anything to you and your FI? Or are you just using them as favors for the kids? I personally don't really like gummi bears.
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.  I don't really like gummi bears either.  Are you including anything else in the favor in addition to gummi bears?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i LOVE gummi bears and would love to get this at a wedding, but you also might want something else like chocolatey for those that might not like this.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered the good ol' candy buffet?
    murrayed
  • Options
    Samwise16Samwise16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would LOVE to get gummi bears for a favor.  Especially red ones.  :)

And like PP said... You should do a candy bar if you're worried!  I think you can do them for pretty cheap, depending on which candy you get.  Maybe you could do a "penny candy" style bar with gummi bears, swedish fish, peach rings... Things like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally love gummy bears, i did these at my candy buffet and they were a huge hit i had 20 pounds and none left over.
  • Options
    mlmiamfmlmiamf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the gummi bear idea.  It's something different.  Go for it!
  • Options
    LeslieAnn23LeslieAnn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of doing this same idea! Its me and Fi's fave candy!! I say go for it!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see anything wrong with it.  There will be people who don't like whatever you are doing.  So long as you keep the majority in mind, I think it will be fine.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you did gummy bears for your favor and I was at your wedding, I would probably talk about your wedding for years to come - in a good way.  I love gummy bears and would be thrilled to find them as a favor.  And if anyone left them, I would steal all of the leftovers anyways. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards