Favors

Am I being too cheap?

because i'm having the ceremony outside, i'm going to get sandlewood fans for everyone to use during the ceremony...so i wanna go as cheap as i can for the real favors... the fans are gonna come out to about $.85 each for 30-40 ppl...

for the actual favors, i already have these little 2x2x1.5 inch boxes to fill (left over from my sister's wedding) & i was thinking of filling them with M&Ms..but not the specialy coloured ones...just plain M&Ms that u can get a 54oz bag for $10 at sam's club...

am i being too cheap on the M&Ms?
~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd

Re: Am I being too cheap?

• CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not at all!  No one is going to care what colors they are.  I honestly think those customized ones are a rip-off!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I think you're fine!  Plus, the fans can be kept, as well! 
    10-10-10
  • edited December 2011
    Not at all. Your guests aren't going to know where you bought the M&M's nor pay attention to the colors.
  • MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They wont care. They'll just eb to busy eatting them. Plus you'll have the fans as their keepsake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • babygirl65babygirl65 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi wicked faery, of course your not being cheap its a lovely idea and as missysue said noones going to care, they will enjoy them plus also your giveing then fans also which is very thoughtful, there going to very happy enjoy your great day
  • pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think its cheap at all
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope! I'm using the fans, too, as gifts for all the ladies.
    Photobucket
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, no. Chocolate is chocolate. Seriously, the best favor I ever got was a Mason jar filled with regular old candy: Mini Reese's cups, Werther's caramels, and Laffy Taffy. I was seriously happy as a clam munching away on my candy. M&Ms don't last long with me, so yeah.. I wouldn't even notice nor care if they weren't store bought. Free candy = happy.
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dees14dees14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'll be honest. That would seem cheap to me, but not "too" cheap. It's not like it's trashy, but it's an obviously inexpensive favor.

I don't know what kind of climate you're getting married in, but I would also worry about the candy melting or being too sticky.

I went to a wedding where there was Hershey's Kisses in little boxes. That was cute. Maybe I just have a thing about unwrapped candy!

• edited December 2011
    I am doing fans for my outdoor wedding too, and I also have some cheapie little 2 inch boxes to fill, so I will probably be going for some cheap candy as well! I dont think there is anything wrong with it at all! People really wont care what color they are as long as they are good! Go for it!!
    Omigosh! October 9th is coming at me quick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards