July 2012 Weddings

How to decorate dance floor tent best? PIP

I posted a thread related to this on RI but I have different question for you ladies. Originally we wanted to hang lots of paper lanterns in our colors over the dance floor. Now working out how much that will cost, we realize this may be too much for our budget. Sooo I recently found a pic of hanging lanterns mixed in with tissue paper poms and it looks pretty cool.

And then I thought, what if we skip the lanterns altogether, hang lots of tissue poms and criss cross white string lights? Kind of like this

Can't find too many good pictures but you guys get the idea. So which look do you like best? This would be in our colors purple, pink, red and white hanging from the ceiling of a 6x6 tent over our dance floor. TIA!

Re: How to decorate dance floor tent best? PIP

• If you are looking to keep costs low, that last photo with lights and pompoms looks very cute!  Do you need lighting over the floor anyway?  Go with the lights then.
  • I looooove string lights! I voted string lights and pompoms, but how about string lights and a couple of lanterns?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the look of either!!  I really love the poms mixed with the lanterns!  But I also love the look of the lights!  so...I change my vote to just the poms & the lights =)  I'm a light freak...the glow will set off the mood!!
  • No I probably don't need them gina, but I'm a light freak like littlemoments haha!! Last night I think I was dreaming about string lights and poms LOL! I'm really coming around to the idea. FI likes the poms and lanterns too but I don't think he's opposed to either idea. Maybe in the end we'll end up mixing everything together! Poms,lights and lanters haha!

Are Christmas lights off the shelves already? I'll have to get my mom to check out a few stores for me.
  • I actually found a decent site for paperlanterns that I'm thinking of ordering from if Fi and I go this route for our tent wedding.

http://www.paperlanternstore.com/
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I really like the look of the lights and poms.  I think you could still get Christmas lights.  There was still tons in Target/Wal-Mart in my area as of Wednesday.

Anniversary
  • I like the tissue paper poms with string lights best! Even if it wasn't cheaper I think it looks really pretty that way.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_decorate-dance-floor-tent-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ec4b7e5c-f4d3-4d75-b562-a64782b374f1Post:fdf40925-1811-45af-8f40-b1b1f54f4493">Re: How to decorate dance floor tent best? PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the tissue paper poms with string lights best! Even if it wasn't cheaper I think it looks really pretty that way.
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Well hey there Meagan! Nice to see you! I've missed you around here.. and De Yum Yum! haha :D
  • haha I've missed you too, Nati! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards