Outdoor Weddings

Fairy Theme

Hello,

I am entertaining the thought of having a fairy themed wedding.
(not fairy tale but an enchanted garden / fairy and gnomes theme)

Should I choose the fairy theme I would execute it in an elegant and traditional way as opposed to an overly renaissance or medieval fashion.

I've been all over the search engines getting ideas from various websites and now I'm wondering what your thoughts are.

Do you have any ideas that I could incorporate into the ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception? Don't worry about suggesting something to cheesy. Just let me know your ideas or concerns.

Ideas: ie: Having the flower girl wear small fairy wings for the ceremony.

Re: Fairy Theme

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_fairy-theme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:bff1ae9e-2784-4d4a-b0e3-75ea6cf077e8Post:434924e2-fe41-4e6e-a34a-6f7b72ff9b6d">Fairy Theme</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I am entertaining the thought of having a fairy themed wedding. (not fairy tale but an enchanted garden / fairy and gnomes theme) Should I choose the fairy theme I would execute it in an elegant and traditional way as opposed to an overly renaissance or medieval fashion. I've been all over the search engines getting ideas from various websites and now I'm wondering what your thoughts are. Do you have any ideas that I could incorporate into the ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception? Don't worry about suggesting something to cheesy. Just let me know your ideas or concerns. <strong>Ideas: ie: Having the flower girl wear small fairy wings for the ceremony.</strong>
    Posted by lacrymosa8[/QUOTE]

To me, this just screams Halloween costume.  I might try to just keep the theme to the reception only.  Incorporate it with you centerpieces, maybe a cake topper.  I'm definitely a fan of "less is more" when it comes to themes.  Too theme-y makes me think of a birthday party.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited June 2010
    I could not agree more. in fact I plan to restrict the theme to the decor as opposed to the fashion. (except for the flower girl and head pieces) Any suggestions for the centerpieces? I was thinking moss and candles but I haven't gotten any striking ideas quite yet.

*note if you have ideas about the fashion, I am still open to them.

I quite like the idea in the above picture but I would use a more traditional flower girl's dress.

• I kind of like this with the moss base.  It is unique, but not weird IMO.  I'm not entirely sure how to go about making these either.

While searching for pictures, I found this... and I *really* like this!

• That center piece is along the lines of what I was thinking. Thank you that brings it into perspective. :)

• I love this cake too!
  • i think this good be either great or awful ive seen some really cute whimsical fairy style weddings, look for inspiration on sites like stylemepretty and green wedding shoes they have cute whimsical weddings and stuff...just dont over do it, maybe make it more enchanted garden than gnomes and fairies...ive seen some flower girls wearing fairy/butterfly wings and that looks cute but i think the fairy should stop there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards