Hawaii

Good Morning :)

What's everyone doing today?!? Is anyone just trying to get through their work day today for their 3 day weekend like me? 

I am determined to at least get one WR thing done this weekend.  I had a good convo with my mom that I'm feeling jaded that people keep putting WR stuff on hold.  We're at 5.5 months people!  Let's get going or I'm going to plan this all without any input!  So I think it's going to change and my family is going to be more involved right now.  I think it just has to do with making final decisions about it that they don't want to do, haha!  I think the issue is that my cousin just put together their wedding in a month and a half, everyone feels like I have the world's time to plan mine.

I want to thank you all for being so loving and supportive on this board.  It makes me feel great to be a part of it and I really enjoy planning my wedding with you all :)

Re: Good Morning :)

• edited December 2011
    I'm hope your family helps out!  If not, well, you gave them the chance and your wedding plans can't wait forever. 

I kind of feel like I'm on the 1.5 month plan, LOL.  We're pretty behind.  Today is a crazy busy wedding day for us...

10am - go shopping to check out best man suits
    2pm - pick up our return address custom stamp
    3pm - pick up the envelopes we ordered so we can begin addressing
    4pm - buy wedding bands
    6pm - meet potential photographer for AHR
    7pm - meet the other potential photog for AHR

It's going to be exhausting, but I am looking forward to making progress
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! I can't believe how quickly time is flying.

I'm at my parents' house today... just making walnut oat bread and some root vegetable soup for lunch right now.

I got some passion fruit puree at a shop here and now I'm trying to figure out how to recreate the lilikoi mojitos from the wedding!
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much the same thing LOL. Work can't expect to get much out of me after a 4 day wknd - 3 on - and then 3 off.... I'm definitely in vacation mode!!

I hear ya on the family thing. I kept hearing "you've got lots of time" but what they don't understand is how long the checklist is and I'm crazy psycho planner LOL. I don't like the feeling of overwhelmed and prefer to stick to an evenly spread out spreadsheet Smile. Nerdy I know!!!!

The family has also promised me that once we get through the holiday's they'll start focusing on our trip planning.... we haven't booked our accomodations yet and I'm feeling a tad uncomfortable with that sitting on the back of my mind at all times LOL (at least most have their flights booked). There's a couple of people (my own Mom and FMIL) whom I hope become a little more involved now that we're getting closer..... they are two major people you always picture being a huge role in the planning process but sadly they haven't been so involved - my own Mom hasn't even seen my dress aside from the very first time I went out dress shopping and tried it on as one of the top few picks. I lingered on it for awhile and felt really hurt about it but I've decided to hold a new outlook on the planning process; Those who choose to sit out for this portion of the planning are the ones who will miss out on the memory of it and possibly regret it later.... this is a huge milestone in my life and I'm going to remember this year of planning and prepping forever, I want to make the most of it.

I've hit the home stretch and it go time for planning.... onto the invitations (which are already proving to be a bit of a frustrating step LOL..... collecting addresses sounds easier than it is)
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have lots on my plate for work today.  I have a quarterly report to write for one of our grants and have home visits with 4 children. 

We have so much going on for NYE.  Taking our daughter to a baby sitting job, going to an early dinner, hitting party #1, then party #2 and ending with party #3. we were invited to a few other parties, but you can only fit in so many. heh!

Saturday and Sunday we are spending working on the house.  I am determined to go through everything in the basement and get it all cleaned out so that we can finally start bulding the tiki bar down there.  We plan on having our AHR at our house, so getting the tiki bar built is actually wedding related. I told the FI that we had to get rid of at least 2 truck loads of stuff to take to the Goodwill.  Also, going to finish figuring out exactly what we have left to do to the house and what we will need for it.

Good luck to everyone getting all of their WR stuff done and have a great New Years!
  • edited December 2011
    i WISH i got a three day weekend! I am lucky that we are closed on new years day, otherwise I just know I would be working.

Today I'm cutting off about 12" of my hair, to donate to locks of love and also because I am so tired of having long hair! My appt is in half an hour... I am nervous/excited!

Besides that, I will be trying my best to get through today and tomorrow's work. We have been crazy busy all month and I am just ready for it to all slow down next week. I need to recover!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I was planning on being at work today but yesterday someone hit my car in the parking lot so I am waiting for an adjuster from the lady who hit me's insurance company to come by and take a look - so I am home!  Yay!  It's a way to turn a negative into a positive and I am so happy to be home!

I am going to have to turn the flame up a bit this weekend because I NEED the sizes of 2 of my girls.  The shop said the BM dresses we chose will take 4 months, and we have to have time for alterations.  They keep wanting to try the dress on again, and we just don't have time for that now. 

Otherwise, I am pretty much just going to relax and be lazy all weekend!  Our family does a big New Years party at my uncles house, but we have never gone - we might this year.  Just depends on how my FI feels cause he doesn't get any days off.  Hope you all have a great new year!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Today was super busy at work. I'm looking forward to accomplishing some planning over the long weekend. I had been majorly stressing up until this month with the wedding being 5 months away and nothing being done but my fiancé finally got motivated and helped me finalized the venue, flights, and accommodations. My Mom and sister also came for dress shopping the week before Christmas and we found my dress on our first trip! It felt too easy! I actually loved trying on dresses. It was too fun. So, this month has been kind of a whirlwind of all things wedding but it's been really positive and things are really starting to get exciting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards