Texas-Austin

Popular Months for an OUTDOOR Austin, TX wedding

Hey ladies,

So I've been doing research and I've come across so many different webpages saying so many different things.... Hubby & I don't have a date set and we don't really care about the date, like we're not set on a particular month or date.

We want our ceremony & reception to be outside at dusk. We're not really worried about finding a venue - there are plenty of options... what we're worried about is finding a date. We were thinking about just calling the venders that we are interested in and saying "hey, when is your slow season?" or something.

However, I want to get some real brides opinions.... so ladies, when are the most popular months for outdoor weddings in Austin???

- Meghan

Re: Popular Months for an OUTDOOR Austin, TX wedding

• October and April.  Although, you can take a chance and go with other months - we had 70+ degree weather in December and January!  I would just stay away from the hot months of May through September if you are planning on outdoor.  Also, I would go with a venue that has a rain plan.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Agree on having a place with a good rain plan. Most venues charge more during the high/ wedding season. For Texas September & October are a couple of the nice months. I think I ran into a couple places that still charged more in November.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Late March through mid-May for the spring.  October through mid-November for the fall.
  • I'm getting married April 27th in Austin area.  I picked it on purpose because it may be warm but not HOT.  We were going to get married in October if April didn't work out or possibly Feb.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards