Idaho

Wedding Coordinator for the Day-Of

What can one expect to pay for a day-of wedding coordinator?  Is it worth it?  Can friends and family substitute or is it worth the money to avoid the hassle?  I got a quote for $650 from Bliss.  Is this reasonable?

Re: Wedding Coordinator for the Day-Of

• edited December 2011
    It depends on what kind of package you get.

I'd say the basic expectations of a DOC would be to make sure that all vendors are where they need to be when they need to be there, keeping the day run smoothly (i.e. cueing dj, caterers etc.)  Some will make sure the payments get to vendors, make sure that your bridal party and family are where they need to be.

Probably will also help with set up and take down (or do it all depending on the pakage).  They're basically there just to make sure that you don't have any stress on the day and just need to worry about getting ready and walking down the aisle.
    I didn't have a DOC.  My mom and one of my best friends took care of everything.  It probably would have been nice for my mom to not have to worry about anything, but she's not a delegator and having a DOC would have drove her nuts.

It really depends on your preference and what you picture wanting for your day.  :)

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards