Favors

New Year's Eve afternoon wedding

I am trying to decide on what to do for favors. A little more info: NYE 4pm wedding. I am already handing out personalized matchbooks and sparklers for our farewell and we are also looking at doing Madlibs at our reception tables. Any ideas on some cute, creative favors for the guests?

Re: New Year's Eve afternoon wedding

• edited December 2011
    Ooooh! A New Year's Eve wedding! Very cool! One idea would be custom "crackers." I'm talking about the little paper tubes or cylinders that can be decorated to match your theme and filled with little celebrational items. There are off-the-shelf crackers that you can find in stores that people usually use as a Christmas tradition, but I could totally see this as a nice tabletop element for a New Year's eve wedding, blinged up with sparkly embellishments and filled with a variety of things, from chocolates to noise makers, etc. You could have a lot of fun with that.
    Favors & Event Accessories | majestystudios.com
  • edited December 2011
    Majesty - While crackers do sound like a great favor, you are not allowed to advertise on these boards. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditional New Year's eve tiaras and top hats would be cute.  Also noisemakers.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, Wiscisbliss! I deleted my last comment. = ) New here. Appreciate your tip!
    Favors & Event Accessories | majestystudios.com
  • edited December 2011
    When I go on New Years Eve cruises they always have a champagne tower, b/c everyone drinks champagne on New Years Eve at midnight! You could do one of those and the glasses could be favors, that is if you are planning on it lasting until midnight. Also definately have classic new years eve favors on the table (confetti crackers and new years eve tiaras)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the replies. I do have to comment that I am on a very tight budget plus there is no alcohol allowed at our reception cite :(
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mini Champagne bottles - they're big enough to fill one glass.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_new-years-eve-afternoon-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:55236c23-823f-42f7-97a7-b996c5281ba5Post:5f5ca7ab-ac18-4ab1-9901-a74b287d3dbf">Re: New Year's Eve afternoon wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Traditional New Year's eve tiaras and top hats would be cute.  Also noisemakers.
    Posted by Peavy[/QUOTE]
    I like this idea! Maybe mini bottles of champagne.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards