Pre-wedding Parties

Sick of waiting for an answer... what to do?

A family member is getting married at the end of July.  I have a pretty intense summer work schedule and have had this for the past several years.  I asked a few months ago about the shower when I was planning out my work schedule and was told that there would be one, but a date hadn't been picked yet.  Weeks and weeks went by and I was just finally told last week that the shower would be mid June, but they were still trying to decide between two dates and that the invites would go out later that week.  I still haven't received an invitation nor have I been told a date.  I hate to have to ask again, but I have several things that I still need to fit into June, and really want to make sure I am able to attend the shower.  The way I see it, the shower is only 3 weeks away... the invites should have been out forever ago. What should I do?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1 3/23/12 ~ EDD 11/29/12 ~ M/C 5/20/12 ~ D&E 5/21/12
BFP #2 10/21/12 ~ EDD 7/4/13 ~ Team Pink! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sick of waiting for an answer... what to do?

• edited December 2011
    Forever ago is a bit of an exaggeration but still, you're right.

Plan your life.  If things don't work out, you can't make it and that's not your fault.
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_sick-of-waiting-answer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:bddf769b-005b-4a2c-9201-5c811fa311a6Post:c421d5b7-7ec8-43c9-8164-d8903d76fb94">Re: Sick of waiting for an answer... what to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Forever ago is a bit of an exaggeration but still, you're right. Plan your life. <strong> If things don't work out, you can't make it and that's not your fault.</strong>
    Posted by hlq2011[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone misses events they truly wish they would have been able to go to. It happens and she'll understand if you're unable to make it. Plan your life as PPs said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards