Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Holly Hedge Wedding!

Anyone ever have their wedding at Holly Hedge? Any helpful hints/tips? We are thinking about a fall 2013 wedding there. Seems amazing! My only concern is where did your guests stay and who did you hire to use as a transport/bus company to get them to the hotel? I know they have the 1740 House B&B but the rooms are pricey! Help!!

Re: Holly Hedge Wedding!

• I was married there July 2011 and couldn't have loved it more! To answer your question, we had our guests stay at Holly Hedge and 1740 - they have a free shuttle that will take them to the wedding and breakfast at Holly Hedge. The rooms are a little pricy but every where in New Hope is! They do have some larger rooms that can fit more than 2 people, so some of our friends roomed together. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married there in June 2013.  I'm having guests stay at hopefully just Holly Hedge, The Golden Plough Inn, and the Ramada (which isn't the nicest of hotels, but the cheapest in the area).  If we need more rooms, my next option is the Hampton Inn in Doylestown (about 20-25 minutes away).

One thing Holly Hedge did NOT tell me from the start was that bigger buses (like a school bus) could not fit in their driveway, nor can they stop on the road to let guests off.  So we're going with Stout's and using a couple 32-passenger shuttle buses.  It's expensive because they base it on the number of hours you need it for (and they normally have minimums), but providing transportation is very important to us.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards