April 2013 Weddings

Alterations

Yay!  I just dropped my dress off for alterations and they should be completed by November 9th :-)  Luckily, the fact that I bought 3 1/2 inch wedge flip flops prevented me from having to get the dress hemmed, so I should just need a bustle, two hooks and eyes to reinforce the straps, and the front modesty piece snaps adjusted so I can cover up my cleavage a little bit during the ceremony.  Total cost=$40...SCORE!  And to think I thought the girl at the Alfred Angelo store was completely insane when she told me to order a size that is half of what I normally wear :-P  Thank you Lord for CORSET BACKS!!!

Re: Alterations

• P.S. I had to get them done this early because I want to take the dress up to NC before Christmas time so I can just fly up for the bridal portrait instead of having to make ANOTHER 26hr round trip by car ;-)
  • Wow - I just made my appointment and she wouldn't even take me until January!  Glad you got off so cheap.  lol  Mine's going to cost a fortune.  It needs to be shortened, bustled, and the bust is about 8 sizes too big so I'm sure that will be a lot of work as well.  (Don't know why people assume that all plus sized brides have big tatas.  lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Yea, I think she was going to turn me away but I had to explain to her that my bridal portrait is in February and I want to drive the dress up to NC over the holidays so I can just fly up later.  Once she realized it was a corset back and she wouldn't have to take the sides in or anything super complicated, she was fine with it :-)  I'm just glad to check another item off the list!  :-)
  • Nice! Yeah, I'm going in in January. I'm going to have to get it hemmed, a bustle, and the bust area is about 3 sizes too big as well. So I think it's gonna be kinda pricey! Oh well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey corsets back are a plus. i  absolutely love them makes life so much easier. Glad it worked out for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards