Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Inexpensive Beautiful Wedding Ceremony/Reception venue HELP

I recently got engaged and have already started looking into venues for my wedding. My FI and I do not want to be married in a church, so we are looking for a place in the Cincinnati Ohio area to have both the ceremony and the reception in one place. Problem is the only place that I can do both and still be in my parents budget is a VFW hall. My mom wants me to use the same one her and my dad used for their reception, but I hate the whole look of the place. It is the exact opposite of what I picture my wedding to look like. 

My budget is reasonable considering 1 of my aunts is a photographer, my other aunt does catering, and my mom and grandma are making my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. I am creating all of the flowers and decorations using origami. In all, its rather inexpensive, and I don't want my parents paying over $8000 for a place (hell that would pay off my car!). 

If anyone has any ideas please share!

Re: Inexpensive Beautiful Wedding Ceremony/Reception venue HELP

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I recently got engaged and have already started looking into venues for my wedding. My FI and I do not want to be married in a church, so we are looking for a place in the Cincinnati Ohio area to have both the ceremony and the reception in one place. Problem is the only place that I can do both and still be in my parents budget is a VFW hall. My mom wants me to use the same one her and my dad used for their reception, but I hate the whole look of the place. It is the exact opposite of what I picture my wedding to look like. 

My budget is reasonable considering 1 of my aunts is a photographer, my other aunt does catering, and my mom and grandma are making my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. I am creating all of the flowers and decorations using origami. In all, its rather inexpensive, and I don't want my parents paying over $8000 for a place (hell that would pay off my car!). 

If anyone has any ideas please share!
  • Options

I don't know how big you are looking, but check the Cincinnati Art Museum. We are having our ceremony in the garden (GORGEOUS) and then moving in to the ballroom for dinner/dancing/etc. The rental fee is 4000. You can pick the food/drink options to fit the other 4k but your aunt could not cater, you have to use them. Heck their open open bar for 5 hours is only 21/person. I never would have guessed they are as affordable as they are!

• Options
    Have you looked into Lake Lyndsay? Its basically just the place and you bring in your own vendors. The location is beautiful! lakelyndsay.com
  • Options
    Depending on the number of people you are inviting, I would suggest talking with The Madison in Covington.  We are doing both the ceremony and reception in the same building and they worked with us on the cost TREMENDOUSLY!  I highly recommend them, but they would do all the cooking and all of their base packages include free draft beer, wine and champagne.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards