Kentucky
Options

Not so Fabulous Bridal

I had the most horrible experience with Fabulous Bridal in Covington, KY last week. I took my bridesmaids there after chatting with a consultant to try on what was supposed to be a plus sized sample that I had to pay to get 'loaned' to the store. The "plus size" was an 8. When I asked about this I was told it was my fault that I misunderstood what size the dress would be. I emailed the consultant who I'd spoken to about ordering the dress and she told me the same thing. I specifically asked if it was possible to get plus size samples!!!!  And I don't mean they said it in a round about way. I was told I did not understand what I had been told about the sample sizes. (I am just happy I did all my communicating over email so I have a record of what was said.)

Trying to salvage the trip we broswed the selection (which I was told would have alot to offer my girls) we only found a few plus sizes and then the consultant offers MATERNITY dresses for them to try on. That's when we left. (I still cannot get past the rudeness of offering maternity as an alternative to plus sizes. Not to mention how horrified I was to get all my bridesmaids together and assuring them I found a place with plus sizes to have them be offered up maternity.)

I have never been so offended or had such a bad experience shopping for anything for my wedding.Yell

Not to mention the high mark up on the bridemsaid dresses. I'd seen some of the same dresses by the same designer for $100 less at other places. We ended the day by going to Bridal and Formal in Cincinnati and had an awesome experience. And ordered the dresses we needed.

Re: Not so Fabulous Bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experiance, but it's nice that you found somewhere good!
                I didn't have any experiances that bad, but I didn't make appointments to most places.  I knew that I would have trouble finding plus sizes so I just stopped in a few different ones and we immediatly able to rule out most shops. 

I got my dress at Bridal and Formal in Cincinnati as well.  They definatly had the best selection of designer gowns. The only other place I found with a large selection was David's Bridal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would be just as angry and horrified as you are about that whole situation. I have bigger girls in my bridal party too, so I will keep this information in my head and not go there! I'm glad you had a good experience at Bridal and Formal though. I went to that same one looking for a wedding dress and my consultant was terrible. She kept bringing out dresses that were eating me alive!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards