Iowa-Quad Cities

Black Hawk State Park Lodge

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are looking at the Lodge for our wedding. Just curious to see what people's experience was there. I saw on the brochure that you have to be out by midnight and have the place picked up by 1 am. Is that a huge pain?
I really don't want this to be what keeps me from having our wedding there. It's beautiful and definitely the right price.
Thanks for your help!

Re: Black Hawk State Park Lodge

• I've been to 2 weddings there, one was a day time wedding a few summer ago and the other was just a couple weeks ago, it was a evening wedding.

I helped with both weddings.

Being out my midnight is pretty normal, i got married at the Radisson and we had to be out by midnight as well.

As far as clean up, cleaning up right afterwards is pretty normal, again at the radisson we had to have all our stuff out that evening, as well.

it really wasn't a pain, if you have alot of friends and familly its quick and easy. the last wedding we had 4 or 5 family members/friends pull there cars up to the back entrance we carried everything right out and were done in probably 20 mins, 30 at the most with about 10 of us doing it.

if you have any other questions or anything feel free to ask me!
  • Do you actually have to CLEAN, or just have your gifts/decorations and stuff out?
  • no cleaning just have to have eveerything out. maybe someone mentioned taking out a bag of trash? but no basically just take anything you want! the last wedding i went to, she left all her centerpieces, etc because the florist was picking them up the following day.
  • I am getting married there in 5 days!!!!! That said I just confirmed with them about a week or so ago their "cleaning" policies. Basically you have to end your party at midnight and then have to be done with your cleanup by 1am. You are responsible for removing anything you brought (i.e., decorations, linens, food, beverages, etc.) and taking out the garbage. You are also responsible for extinguishing the fireplaces (though I doubt you will be using them in June). Their staff will take down and put away all of their tables and chairs and will take care of cleaning the floors. If you have rental items that are being picked up by the rental company you are supposed to leave them in the hallway.

We did not want to have to personally worry about cleanup or burden our families with it so we went ahead and hired Ashly from Eventfully Simple. We purchased the decorating package for $200. The package includes 5 hours of setup and cleanup so they will be handling our cleanup for us. If you are worried about getting the cleanup done I would highly recommend using them or someone who offers a similar service.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards