New York

Venue ideas

Hey ladies! So my fiance and I are planning on getting married somewhere in upstate NY. We want a venue that has beautiful views of the fall folliage for an outside ceremony. I was wondering if anyone had any ides on some venues. Thank you.

Re: Venue ideas

• lcoreylcorey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in upstate were you thinking? Upstate is a huge area and can mean different things depending on where you are.
  • edited December 2011
    We are soo undecided. I dont wanna go any further north than Lake Placid bc it's too far of a drive to plan and make numerous trips up there. Our decision is going to be based on the venue not really the location. We want somewhere that has great views of the mountains and hills and esp the fall follige cause fall is the theme that Im going for.
  • C*MiaC*Mia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought of Saratoga locations? Longfellows or something like that? Lake Placid and Saratoga are all Capital region.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a big fan of the Finger Lakes!  My reception is at one of the wineries on Seneca Lake (Glenora winery) but there are several around the lakes with absolutely breathtaking views.  It can be tough to get a date during the fall (they are probably booking or possibly booked for 2012 already)... but so worth it.  The fall is when they harvest the grapes, so between the vies, the leaves, and the smell of fresh grapes it is so gorgeous.
    Definitely check out www.fingerlakes.org I think they even have a section for weddings with different vendor information.  Or just google NY Finger Lakes Weddings and a ton of stuff will come up.
    I also had friends that got married in the Adirondacks this summer and the views from their wedding were spectacular.  It wasn't as chic and pricey as Lake George or Lake Placid... more of a casual, laid back, country-ish type setting, but still gorgeous and it fit their personailties well.
    The girls on this board are very helpful with ideas and such, but if you can be a little more specific with what you are looking for (theme, location, budget, etc) you will get many more specific suggestions.
    Also, there is an Upstate NY board which is mostly Watertown and the north country... if you are considering Lake Placid or the Adirondacks, check out that board... they will have a ton of info for you.
    We are all CNY'ers... Syracuse, Bunghamton, Rochester, Ithaca... that sort of stuff...

Good luck and congrats on the engagement!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So if you want to go more rustic, you can look in the Central Adirondack region.

You could look at North Woods Inn Resort in Old Forge, NY.  This is about an hour east of Utica  (if you know it) and probably about an hour and half northwest of Lake George. It is located right on a lake, so you would have beautiful views.  http://www.northwoodsinnresort.com/index.html

Also there's Water's Edge Inn in Old Forge (right down the street from North Woods).  Also right on the lake.  But if you change your mind and want to do summer, you will not be able to get married here (they don't do weddings in the summer, but they do fall weddings).  http://www.watersedgeinn.com/

Also there's the Copperfield Inn in North Creek.  This is closer to Lake George (about 45 minutes north of it).  It doesn't have views immediately at the reception site, but I am told you can have your cocktail hour on the nearby train, which I'm sure is spectacular.  www.copperfieldinn.com

These places aren't as far north as Lake Placid.  They are beautiful areas, but they are not very populated, so you may not have a million choices for vendors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards