New Jersey

Stone house stirling ridge?

Has anyone had their wedding or been to one at the GALLERY at stone house at stirling ridge in warren nj? I got all the details for the ball room which is $170 pp with a 200 per minimum. I'm considering the gallery which I heard is cheaper and has a max of 150 people. Just looking for some input on price, service, size etc... Thank you!

Re: Stone house stirling ridge?

• I am getting married at the Stone House in October, but our reception is in the main ballroom.  Our coordinator there told us that the Gallery has a max capacity of 130 people.  We're having 140 to 150 in the main ballroom on a Sunday night (the Sunday minimum is 140 guests).  If you read through some posts here, in general people are not fans of the Stone House but I've found many of the comments were from people who didn't actually get married there or even attend a wedding there.  I chose to form my own opinions and listened to family friends that had been married there.   I negotiated the price for the seated dinner and we LOVE the space, so we went with it.  I am an event manager myself, so I plan to be on the venue coordinator like white on rice to make sure everything goes smoothly :)  Have you visited in person?  The Gallery space has a sort of odd setup - it's two levels and it's hard to see the upper level when sitting on the lower.  Not exactly my vibe, but it is very modern, minimalist and clean so I certainly understand the appeal.
    Anniversary
  • My parents went to a wedding there 2 months ago and had a horrible experience. They said the food was the worst they've ever had at a wedding and the staff was not friendly. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just went to a wedding in the main room at Stone House and the space was beautiful.  My spacial awareness isn't too keen so I can't really comment on how it would be to fit 150 people in the Gallery, but I would have to agree with ljsquintz that becuase of the two levels... it may be awkward.  Also, I don' tknow about a space for dancing (if that's what your into). The food during the cocktail was great as was the service.  For dinner - the servers weren't very attentive and made it seem like they didn't want to be there at all.  Don't get me wrong... it was a really fun, beautiful wedding and the Stone House is great... but they do need to work on their service a bit. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm actually looking at the space for October 2013 and was wondering how you were able to negotiate the price?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_stone-house-stirling-ridge-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ed32ec84-8bc3-481d-9238-fdfcab826b45Post:8a5b3fa8-f42d-4dcb-92b9-3b3aa2d49104">Re: Stone house stirling ridge?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married at the Stone House in October, but our reception is in the main ballroom.  Our coordinator there told us that the Gallery has a max capacity of 130 people.  We're having 140 to 150 in the main ballroom on a Sunday night (the Sunday minimum is 140 guests).  If you read through some posts here, in general people are not fans of the Stone House but I've found many of the comments were from people who didn't actually get married there or even attend a wedding there.  I chose to form my own opinions and listened to family friends that had been married there.   I negotiated the price for the seated dinner and we LOVE the space, so we went with it.  I am an event manager myself, so I plan to be on the venue coordinator like white on rice to make sure everything goes smoothly :)  Have you visited in person?  The Gallery space has a sort of odd setup - it's two levels and it's hard to see the upper level when sitting on the lower.  Not exactly my vibe, but it is very modern, minimalist and clean so I certainly understand the appeal.
    Posted by ljsquintz[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards