June 2013 Weddings

Obsessed with wedding shows

I already got my dress months ago, but that doesn't stop me from being hooked on "Say Yes to the Dress". Lately I've been obsessed! I found a channel on youtube that has tons of episodes.

I have also watched every episode of "Rich Bride, Poor Bride" and started watching "Four Weddings Canada", to gather some ideas that I might want to incorporate into my wedding. Although I noticed on those shows, it basically shows me how not to act when planning a wedding (especially when I watch Rich Bride, Poor Bride).

My fi actually asked today if I'm going to stop watching Say Yes to the Dress after we get married, I'm still unsure I will, as I'll probably be going through withdrawals by then. lol

Do you have any favourite wedding tv shows? Are you as hooked as I am? lol
Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Obsessed with wedding shows

• Haha! I actually laughed when I read this!! I am so obsessed with watching wedding shows too! I genuinely think my fianc thinks I sit home all day long watching them. Lol! Four Weddings is my favorite and I must admit Bridezillas is my favorite guilty pleasure...it's just so ridiculous!! I was the same way when I was pregnant though about watching baby shows, but that obsession stopped immediately after he was born and I keep assuring my fianc this too will soon come to an end! Lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had that same convo with my Fi and i told him i love these shows! i will watch them after we are married bc I will still enjoy them!
    Photobucket
  • My FI asked the same thing. I watch ALL the shows right now, but I'm already losing some interest in a few. I love SYTTD and watched it long before getting engaged and expect I'll continue to watch that one. I also watched Four weddings prior to getting engaged, so my plan is to leave the DVR set to record those two and dump everything else and only watch if they're on and I feel like it. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm a SYTTD junkie and have been for years, well before getting engaged. I'll watch Four Weddings if it's on but I usually don't catch it. I'll probably keep watching SYTTD after the wedding, because I love getting to see all of the different dress styles out there. Bridezillas was totally my guilty pleasure for a while, but our stupid cable package dropped the channel it's on. Booo.
  • I love Say Yes to the Dress too, I like seeing so many different styles of wedding dresses. It really is amazing how great a dress can look on one person, and it looks not-so-good on someone else.

I used to enjoy watching Bridezillas but now that I'm actually planning my wedding it stresses me out. They totally overreact to things that go wrong, but it makes me worry that those things will go wrong for me too!
  • LOL--I'm watching SYTTD right now on Netflix.  Watched these episodes over and over and over!!  But I just love it.  I'm dying for them to put new epsiodes on Netflix!!  They only have seasons 1-5 and then the first 2 of Atlanta.  Its time for some new ones! 

Recently went through Whose Wedding Is It Anyway-- thats a good one.

Haven't watched 4 weddings in awhile but did like the few episodes I've seen here and there.

Didn't like the David Tutera show, but sometimes I will watch an episode when I am super bored.

Loved Bridezilla's haha, but it freaked my FI out, LOL.  I promised him I would not be one and its just a guilty pleasure show to laugh at crazy ass people.  That show would sometimes get too ridculous though and I just couldn't watch it anymore, so took a break. 

Haven't seen the Something Borrowed/New show yet, but I'm sure I will eventually watch it :)

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_obsessed-with-wedding-shows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:7d77bae5-52b9-4f56-afa4-ddfc806a0031Post:3eb8cb2a-5e63-460f-8e66-8fe503393457">Re: Obsessed with wedding shows</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL--I'm watching SYTTD right now on Netflix.  Watched these episodes over and over and over!!  But I just love it.  I'm dying for them to put new epsiodes on Netflix!!  They only have seasons 1-5 and then the first 2 of Atlanta.  Its time for some new ones!  Recently went through Whose Wedding Is It Anyway-- thats a good one. Haven't watched 4 weddings in awhile but did like the few episodes I've seen here and there. Didn't like the David Tutera show, but sometimes I will watch an episode when I am super bored. Loved Bridezilla's haha, but it freaked my FI out, LOL.  I promised him I would not be one and its just a guilty pleasure show to laugh at crazy ass people.  That show would sometimes get too ridculous though and I just couldn't watch it anymore, so took a break.  Haven't seen the Something Borrowed/New show yet, but I'm sure I will eventually watch it :)
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

Youtube has some SYTTD episodes from seasons 6-8, I'm hooked! And I keep watching to see if maybe my dress will appear in any of these episodes, but so far, nothing. haha. I just hope that if my dress does appear, my fi isn't around, otherwise I'd be like "oh my god that's my dress!!!"
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards