Hawaii

Luau opinions?

We are getting married on Maui and were thinking of doing a luau the night before for our families. Any of you prefer one luau over the other?? we have thought about the Royal Lahaina luau or the Old Lahaina Luau?

Re: Luau opinions?

• I have never been to the Old Lahaina Luau, but the Royal Lahaina Luau was nice when I went to it.  It is nothing fancy, the facility itself is somewhat older and therefore not a "high class elegant" event, but if you don't mind sitting on plastic white chairs, the overall show is nice and I enjoyed the food and beverages.  It was also not too crowded, as I know I have seen reviews where people said they were 1 of 500 people, and therefore getting the food can become crowded.  Overall I liked Royal Lahaina for their price, and am thinking about doing it for my family before our Maui wedding as well. 

Also, as a side note, depending on how many people you have and if you want to pay extra, when we went last time we paid a little bit extra which allowed us to skip the line and get in before everyone else, as well as sit at the very front of the show.  It was worth it to have first access to the bar and a close seat!
  • I would 100 Percent recommend the Old Lahaina Luau! We just went in October for the night before our wedding as well. It was absolutly perfect. The food, the location, the service, the show, everythign was perfect!
  • We went to two Luau's when we were there for our wedding in Oct., I know one isn't one you were thinking of but just to compare, the Wailea Marriot and the Royal Lahaina. We both felt the the RL was a better show. They were both good but the cast seemed more into the show and more in tune with each other, if that make sense. The food for both was comparable. Both shows were sold out and but didn't feel as if there was a lack of food. DH did notice that the RL brought in seconds as the other did not. The RL resort is older and as I said in my review if we had used this luau as our wedding night party we would have been somewhat dissapointed because of the older decor and the crampy feel of the site. The WM has wonderful views and is very open. 
    I agree with Deb on skipping the line. We lucked out as we were early and there were a lot of large groups ahead of us so they pulled us out of line and let us go ahead. It helped that DH started chatting it up with the Director and he told the wait staff to put us up front. He even gave me his lei. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_luau-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:ea737aae-9116-428c-abb5-9a5022b6ac54Post:eab598c6-85be-4e98-ba64-81ec0eb38121">Re: Luau opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would 100 Percent recommend the Old Lahaina Luau! We just went in October for the night before our wedding as well. It was absolutly perfect. The food, the location, the service, the show, everythign was perfect!
    Posted by allisonpickup80[/QUOTE]

I completely agree!!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards