Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Anyone actually getting married on MV?

I know it's the cape and islands community, but it seems like there's no one actually on MV! Anyone out there? Yoo hoo!!

Re: Anyone actually getting married on MV?

• laurenw77laurenw77 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    LOL...there should be some MV brides out there!!! I am getting married on Cuttyhunk...next to the Vineyard...when is your wedding?
  • Fizzy77Fizzy77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trying for a May 7, 2011... But haven't started doing anything yet! I was hoping to crowdsource some ideas.... I love Cuttyhunk! When is your date?
  • edited December 2011
    I got married on MV! I have been around these boards a long long time and we rarely see MV brides, so welcome!!

Where are you getting married?
  • Fizzy77Fizzy77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well now we want to do it in early June so the weather will be nicer... But we literally have NOTHING planned...no venue... no nada haha. Any suggestions? I think we are both interested in having a tented wedding... but have no idea where.
  • laurenw77laurenw77 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What about renting a home with a lawn and having a tent there....I know someone who did that! I am getting married sept 18 this year!
  • Fizzy77Fizzy77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the dream!!! Trying to figure out how we go about finding a place... i think that's what a wedding planner is for. How are you doing yours? Sept seems so close! You must be excited!
  • edited December 2011
    Fizzy - we got married at the Beach Plum Inn in Menemsha/Chilmark. It was absolutely fabulous. You can not beat the view and the food is award winng (Rachle Ray voted it best on the island!) We did a partial tented reception. If you would like to see pictures click my MRS link under my picture.

I love love tented weddings at the Harborview in Edgartown and there are plenty of cute farms and barns you can tent out and get married in. Pick up a copy of WellWed Cape magazine for some great ideas.
  • Fizzy77Fizzy77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the beach plum inn! A like-a-brother friend got married there as well... my fh and I still rave about the food. Hands down, the best wedding food we have ever had! We feel a little funny about having it there after he did though and sort of want to do our own thing since a lot of the guests would be the same, but thanks for the protip! I'm def gonna grab a copy of that magazine, and ps; your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Fizzy! If you have any other questions as you go through the process, feel free to email me at meaghanandmichael@gmail.com :)
  • RAJamiesonRAJamieson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Fizzy!

I got married on MV this past August. Seems like there are a few of us here on the boards. We got married in Edgartown, at the Old Whaling Church, then had the reception next door at the Daniel Fisher House. We used a tent in the yard of the house. It's an unbelievable experience for your guests, so I highly encourage it!
    Rebecca
  • hminer4hminer4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got engaged out at the West Chop Club lookout spot! it was gorgeous and now we're hoping for an October 2011 MV wedding but don't know if we can afford it. Can any MV brides give me an estimate on costs? We were thinking of renting a house and have a tented reception. I have a feel for the tent prices but am wondering about catering. Another option we are considering is the Ag Hall. Any advice/information would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • lagoethalagoetha member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged on the Vineyard and I am having my wedding at the new Ag Hall in West Tisbury on September 17, 2011. My fiance was born and raised on the island with a lot of family so we went for a large venue. Fizzy I would check out the Captain Flanders house in Chilmark. A lot of tented outdoor weddings happen there. Happy to have some other MV Brides!!!
  • CherylJonesCherylJones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm new to the site and I'm looking at getting married at the new Boathouse Restaurant in Edgartown, above the Atlantic (used to be the Navigator).

Has anyone heard anything or been to the Boathouse. I'm IN LOVE with the space but there are no reviews about the place so I'm nervous. Any info would be a great help.

Also if you know anything about Atria in Edgartown? The only question I would have about Atria is if there was enough space inside to dance?

Thank you so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards