Pennsylvania-Central
Options

wedding photography

hello ladies..i know im new to this like we are all..but are we really finding wedding photorgraphers to be $500 or more? I was just thinking I could get the pics on a CD and print them out my self? Just wondering anyone found in our area doing weddings for less then $500 who is not requiring us to by prints from them..thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wedding photography

• Options
    I think you'll find it very difficult to find a wedding photographer for $500. You can find photographers closer to the $700-$800 range who will do 4 hours and give you a DVD with all the photos on it for you to reprint. My photographer (M. Reed Photography) has an $800 package; I believe Solas Photography is around that price point (but difficult to book because of it), Chris Hayes is a name I've seen circulated as being around that price as well.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Options
    How important are your wedding pictures to you?  I know most photographers in our area are around 2000 dollar for full day coverage but remember your wedding day is a once in most people's lifetime event.  Do you want  images that when you look at them make you feel the same emotion you did on the day or do you want blurry, underexposed, and potentially ungratifying images to show your kids and grandkids.  Just helping to think of how important wedding images are to you.  For me we spent a large part of our budget on our photographer and I don't regret a cent:)  Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    I suggest either Melissa Harper Photography or Monochrome Memories Photography. You can check out Melissa on facebook and

monochormememoriesphotography.com
    image Hannah and Alfie
  • Options
    Check out Courtney Anton Photography. I do not know her exact prices for weddings, but she is pretty reasonable with all of her other packages. www.courtneyanton.com
  • Options

I am sorry but $500 dollars…I mean go to craigslist and understand you get what you pay for. 

I feel that is unrealistic but if images are not that important for your once in a lifetime event then I guess you would be ok with someone that is just out of collage and with not much experience. 

Again try Craig’s list and maybe you can find someone decent.  Only one I can think of is http://dotaphoto.com/ but I think they still charge $800 but it doesn’t hurt to ask, maybe you can get less hours. 

• Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Most basic wedding photography packages do not include prints just the hours the photographer put into that day and the charge of him loading it to a CD..unfortunately most of them will start at bare minimum around $800. $800 will probably get your 4-6 hours of coverage. Most photographers base their rate hourly.

Also since you want to print your own pictures you MUST make sure your rate includes photo copyrights to reprint or post online. If they don't offer that, their CDs will not let you do so. YOU will need to read the fine print or ask them about this. Many cheap packages don't offer the rights!

$500 is more like a rate you would give to a student. You might want to contact photography schools to see if any of the students would be willing to make a little money on the side.

Your professionals are looking to be $800 (as the cheapest). The most common rate is between $1000-$2000 around this area.

My photographer is Chris Hayes. He has a package for $950 for 5 hours plus you get the rights to your photos meaning you can reprint.
    http://chrishayesphotography.com/2012%20parts/pages/wedding.htm

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Carden's photography isn't too bad but you'll pay closer to 1k but they'll be there your whole wedding day... give you copyright release of your prints... and have 2 photographers...  

photography is one thing that we were willing ot spend a little more on to ensure we got great images.  We're spending enough money on the rest of the wedding and we wanted to be able to look back and be happy with the imges we got 
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jdalton314jdalton314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    check out fuller-photograpghy.com  we did an engament shoot with him and loved it.  he quoted us 475 for 6 hrs of coverage. with cd
  • Options
    Hi Elaina...we share the same wedding date.  My photographer is only charging us $750 for engagement and wedding photos.  For the wedding she is available to us all day w/unlimited pics and we get the CD afterwards. 
  • Options
    I'm using Abigail Edwards (blessedimages.net). We are paying $550 for engagement photos, getting ready pictures, ceremony, formal pics, and then an hour or two at the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards