Snarky Brides

Let's talk entrance music....

1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to?
2) What song did/will you enter to?
3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony?
4) What was/will be your exit music?
5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception?
6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception?

I'll go first!
1) My bridesmaids are going to enter to All You Need is Love by the Beatles, but it's the Across the Universe soundtrack version of the song
2) I have no freaking clue what song I want to play for myself and my parents
3) I really want Nessun Dorma to underscore, I'd like to time it so that the song climaxes with that gorgeous crescendo on "You May Kiss the Bride!!"
4) I don't know if we're going to do exit music, hopefully we won't need to because everyone will be clapping and cheering LoL (ideas please)
5) I'm thinking of Fidelity by Regina Spektor as the WP entrance music
6) Diamond Girl by Ryan Leslie is the song right now, Dan thought of it and I thought it would be fun
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's talk entrance music....

• bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2010
    The wedding party procession music will be "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Jon Schmidt (piano instrumental"  Parents will walk into a "Standy By Me" instrumental.

I will enter the ceremony to, "Pachabel meets U2", also by Jon Schmidt

No, none, nada.

This Will be (an Ever Lasting Love) by Natalie Cole

Not sure yet.  I was thinking about this very subject this morning.

"It Takes Two" by Rob Base - kickin' it old school
  • 1) We're still deciding from amongst three songs - "The Oath" (from Final Fantasy 8), "March Caprice" (from Kingdom Hearts), and "Overture" (from one of the Dragonquest games).

2) The Final Fantasy Prologue in Final Fantasy IV.

3) No.

4) We're hoping to use "Frog's Theme" from Chrono Trigger.

5/6) None.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to? We're all coming in to Pachelbel's Canon.  Although we're having a few prelude pieces "Air from Water" by Handel and "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach

2) What song did/will you enter to? see above.

3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony? Nope, it's a nuptial Mass, and they're pretty strict about that stuff.

4) What was/will be your exit music? "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven

5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? Not sure yet, but I'm leaning towards "Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys

6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception? Haven't thought that far in advance yet!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• 1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to? Same as Sadie's, only the original Beatles version

2) What song did/will you enter to? Can't Help Falling In Love With You (instrumental by Vitamin String Quartet)

3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony? Nope

4) What was/will be your exit music? Viva la Vida by Coldplay (instrumental only)

5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? Same as ours. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness.

6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception? See above

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    ~Mom's will be seated to Eric Johnson's "A Song for Life"
    ~WP will enter to Amy Grant's version of "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring"

~I'll also enter as part of the "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring." I've got 43 seconds to make it down the aisle! (Very powerful section with all the trumpets and everything...it's really pretty.)

~No background music, but Jason Mraz "God Rests in Reason" will be played during our wine ceremony.

~Eric Johnson "Cliffs of Dover"  And this is why FI loves me. ;)

~We're still debating between "Lowrider" and "How You Like me Now" by the Heavy. I'm for the latter. We all kinda want to walk in together like the toys from the Kia commercials...not dressed up and all...just all sorts of attitude.

~It'll be the same as the WP entrance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • tthurst1tthurst1 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    YAY!  I love talking about stuff like this - some stuff is still in the works, but here is what I have so far - Looking forward to reading everyone elses also!

It's a concerto, and I cannot think of the name - but either that Concerto or Vivaldi's "Spring"

2) What song did/will you enter to? Trumpet Voluntary :)  Traditional, it's what I have always wanted

3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony? only during our communion.  My Uncle composes music for a lot of major motion pictures and  has given us the wedding gift of composing a simple melody for my FI and I's wedding day - by far the most priceless and sweetest gift we have received.  Also will be played a few of our select favorite hymns in instrumental form

4) What was/will be your exit music?  Ever heard the music from "Little Women?"  The version with Winnona Ryder and Kirsten Dunst - there is a beautiful arrangement with trumpets and it is very jubiliant and joyful called "At the Orchard" - its the ending score at the end of the movie and during the titles and we will have an arrangement of that played - it is absolutely gorgeous

5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? STILL having a hard time deciding on this, something upbeat and fun for sure!  I might have a small and fun little choreographed dance for us to do once we all get in there for entertainment and surprise to the guests - nothing elaborate but something fun!  Perhaps letting them walk into the song "Word Up" by Cameo - it's been a favorite of my sister and I's and we have always danced around to it since we were little - plus it's a great party song :)

6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception? "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money MAYBE, if we want to make it really funny and fun!  We are still in the process of deciding, but my FI and I think that would be a funny and fitting idea ;)
  • Yay!! great choices everyone!!  Keep them coming!!
  • 1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to?
    Tonight Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townshend

None

Is it bad that I don't remember?

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N Roses

Same as above

Also, just because these songs are awesome:

First dance - Grow Old With You - Adam Sandler

Last Dance - Jersey Girl - Bruce Springsteen
  • Jajph - you are awesome
        Either "Just Like Heaven" or "Thunder Road" both by Vitamin String Quartet
        Same as above, since we only have 2 person BP
        Nope
        "Shiny Happy People" by REM and the B-52's
        "As Long as We've Got Each Other" by Bj Thomas and Dusty Springfield... it's the Growin Pains theme song. We're dweebs.
        not sure yet... but probably "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen since we both have tattoos of that song title.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Alley Cat is very excited for Mom and Dad to get hitched!
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    1. Stained Glass from the Boondock Saints soundtrack.
    2. Blood of Cu Chulainn from the Boondock Saints soundtrack.

Since most people probably not familiar with these songs, you can hear them here http://www.myspace.com/theboondocksaintscolombia
    I couldn't find the stupid soundtrack on Amazon to save my life.
  • Thanks Sadie. I have my moments of awesome.

I actually gave my DJ a massive playlist for the reception. Most of it was 80's top forty. When he played Double Dutch Bus, everyone was like OMG, I love this song!

• AllenBaker, I'm curious, did you both have the Born to Run tattoos before you met and had a "holy shiz I have that same tattoo!!" moment?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-entrance-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eab9e38b-b84a-4c0d-ad39-c650fc55b924Post:5cf748ad-ad49-4ba3-b08c-437c07153567">Re: Let's talk entrance music....</a>:
    [QUOTE]AllenBaker, I'm curious, did you both have the Born to Run tattoos before you met and had a "holy shiz I have that same tattoo!!" moment?
    Posted by 526SadieSadie[/QUOTE]

haha no, I got mine before we met and he was overwhelmed with its awesomeness and followed suit. That would be a pretty big sign that we should be together though.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-entrance-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eab9e38b-b84a-4c0d-ad39-c650fc55b924Post:2b284fd1-9a28-48e1-8931-826d08bc71e8">Re: Let's talk entrance music....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk entrance music.... : haha no, I got mine before we met and he was overwhelmed with its awesomeness and followed suit.<strong> That would be a pretty big sign that we should be together though.
    </strong>Posted by AllenBaker[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking!  A friend of mine always wanted to get a small star tattoo on his wrist, just to say he had a tattoo and to know what it felt like.  He was a cast member on the Asian tour of Cabaret when he met this guy who had the same tattoo in the same spot, for the same reason.  They dated for a little bit just on that principle, didn't work out though LoL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-entrance-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eab9e38b-b84a-4c0d-ad39-c650fc55b924Post:8e40a12f-33d5-4e4f-9b30-c846b71408c9">Re: Let's talk entrance music....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk entrance music.... : That's what I was thinking!  A friend of mine always wanted to get a small star tattoo on his wrist, just to say he had a tattoo and to know what it felt like.  He was a cast member on the Asian tour of Cabaret when he met this guy who had the same tattoo in the same spot, for the same reason.  They dated for a little bit just on that principle, didn't work out though LoL
    Posted by 526SadieSadie[/QUOTE]

aaw that's sweet! too bad it didn't work out for them... it's a cute story to tell the grandkids

• it really would have been!!
  • mewebster59mewebster59 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Either Scarlet Begonias or Sugar Magnolia both by The Greatful Dead
    2) What song did/will you enter to? HELP!?!
    3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony? no
    4) What was/will be your exit music?  carolina in my mind james taylor
    5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception?  Maybe Bad Fish - sublime
    6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception? maybe hey soul sister train
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Sugar Magnolia is one of my favorite songs ever!  I'm planning naming my mini schnauzer Sugar Magnolia :)  I toyed with the idea of entering to Peggy O, the Phil Lesh/Joan Osbourne version, but I think my parents will want something more traditional

and I HEART James Taylor :)
  • 2. - instrumental theme song from Princess Bride (but this is one thing I'd change and use a stronger song - it was hard to hear). Other ideas we toyed with were Everybody Wants to Rule the World and there was one other early-90s song that I'm blanking on.

4. - Van Halen, Love Walks In
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Mine are listed in my bio.  It's hard to write them out with a baby in your lap.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Still a mystery to us

Probably Cannon in D... but that might not be true

We will but it is just going to be the classic background stuff

Hopefully we decide before October 9

OMG- by Usher (hopefully the grandparents won't mind the word boobies)

Same as above

Since I didn't really give much infomation because I don't know I will share:
    Father/Daughter Dance
    Harvest Moon- Neil Young (reminds me of being a little girl because my dad and I always used to listen to the record)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a string quartet for the Cathedral so I am super excited, it's going to be really intense. And that's a long aisle. 
    1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to?  Trumpet Voluntary with strings maybe?
    Canon in D
    no
    4) What was/will be your exit music?  Not sure -whatever the string quartet wants to play.

5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? Rolling Stones-Jumping Jack Flash perhaps. 
    6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception?  I'm hoping for anything Lady Gaga, just need to get FI on board. Bad Romance is my favorite. I would settle for Love Game though, is it weird to walk into taking a ride on a disco stick? Love it! Anything a little crazy and out there, especially after all the formality of the ceremony. This would certainly shake things up a bit. 
  • 1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to? - Parents: Simple Gifts, WP: Canon in D (live instrumental)
    2) What song did/will you enter to? - In My Life (live instrumental)
    3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony? - no
    4) What was/will be your exit music? - not sure. I kind of like Ode to Joy, but maybe something modern, too.
    5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? - no idea if we'll do this
    6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception? - no idea if we'll do this
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to? All You Need is Love.
    2) What song did/will you enter to? Chasing Cars.
    3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony? Yeah, but I can't remember what it was. Laid-back stuff.
    4) What was/will be your exit music? We didn't do a grand exit - we were the last to leave the reception.
    5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? Back in Black.
    6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception? Life is a Highway.
  • 1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to?The bridal party will  be entering to the prelude music from Forrest Gump
    2) What song did/will you enter to?I will be entering to Cannon in D
    3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony?No
    4) What was/will be your exit music?Exit music is All You need is Love by the Beatles
    5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception?I'm not sure but probably the Blues Brothers Theme music
    6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception?I don't know.
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2010
    Alcolytes- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
    Prelude- For the Beauty of the Earth
    Moms &Grandparents- The Parent's Prayer
    WP- Canon in D

I have no idea...something that will sound good with just 2 acoustic guitars and a flute.

Not really background music, but the congregational hymn is "The Doxology," we're playing "A Page is Turned" (Bebo Norman) during the slideshow, "Love Never Fails" (Brandon Heath) during the Cord of Three Strands, and "When I Say I Do" (Matthew West) during the Covenant Certificate Signing

The music from the Throne Room scene at the end of Star Wars: A New Hope...FI doesn't know, and I'm hoping to keep it a surprise until the ceremony.

"I'll Be There For You" (FRIENDS Theme Song)

Probably "Baby (You've Got What It Takes)" by Michael Buble
  • 1) What song did your/will your bridesmaids/groomsmen enter to? I can't remember.
    2) What song did/will you enter to?  The Wedding March
    3) Did you/will you have any background music during the ceremony? No
    4) What was/will be your exit music? Can't remember this either
    5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? Not having a WP intro
    6) What was/is your entrance song at the reception? Not having a song for our entrance. 

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-entrance-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eab9e38b-b84a-4c0d-ad39-c650fc55b924Post:5962cce5-5c40-4344-a75b-3057486dee7f">Re: Let's talk entrance music....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine are listed in my bio.  It's hard to write them out with a baby in your lap.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Stop bragging about you super cute baby!  Gosh!

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Wheeee, fun Laughing

Friday I'm In Love - The Cure (acoustic)
    Just Like Heaven - The Cure (acoustic, all slow jam-like)
    Not sure...a friend of ours has been ordained to marry us, and has free reign over the ceremony. 
    Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend (I saw someone else with this on their list, too.  You are fully awesome)  
    5) What was/will be the WP's intro music at the reception? The Fratelli Chase (from Goonies)
    Goonies R Good Enough- Cyndi Lauper

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards