California-Orange County

Chinese Wedding Recetion Ideas

I'm planning to get married in Nov 2012 in Southern Cal area and my fiancée and I are just planning now.    I want to have a reception in a hotel with the usual 10+ Chinese entries or Chinese restaurant. Since I am currently living in WA, its a little hard to determine where to go. Any suggestions of locations,venues would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any suggestions for event planners with Asian Flare, please share!

Thank you,

Tap

Re: Chinese Wedding Recetion Ideas

• There are alot of options in the SGV/Monterey Park/Alhambra area.

I've been to Mission 261, NBC, and Empress Pavilion. Mission 261 was the better of the three in my opinion.
  • I believe Furiwa Chinese Restaurant is the only restaurant that does the tradtional 10 + course meals for all the hotels in Orange County.  The food is pretty good.  I know quite a few people that have used them.

http://www.furiwa.com/
  • There's many choices other than Furiwa.  Which is known for their great food but lacking in other services.  Parking is really poor.

My fiance and I are going with Paracel Seafood restaurant for our upcoming wedding.  They were large enough to accomadate up to 400 guests without breaking our budget.  Aside for their great traditional Chinese 10-course meal (which we sampled - yummy!), they offered many extras not offered with their rivals.  Too many to list here. And if you don't like the location, they caterer at many OC hotel locations.

However, there are other choices to consider as well:
    There's "The Villa" that is more expensive but has nice decor that serves Furiwa food.  "Mon Cheri" is another nice venue but expensive.  More reasonable price choices - "Seafood Cove", "Prince Seafood", "Royal Restaurant"..  But if you are looking for the ultimate Chinese venue (super expensive) - Pacific Palms Golf and country club.

I hope this helps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards