Michigan-Detroit

guest list to mailing lables???

Can I print mailing lables off my "The Knot "guest list or is it better to use Excel?

Re: guest list to mailing lables???

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is what I did, hopefully it helps (I didn't use the Knot guest list)

I set up my guest list on an Avery template, since I had Avery labels. Go to their website and locate the template for the size and type of labels you have. This also allows you to choose the type of font you want, since it will end up being a word document. I think their labels are standard sized, so even if you don't have Avery, they will work.

They also have return address label templates, which may end up being the same size of your guest address labels. Their return address labels have designs or symbols you can add, which you can save and keep for future return address labels for yourself.

Once saved, I used the template initially for STD's, then will use it for my invitations (unless I hand address them, which I probably will). Once I send my invites, I'll just print the guest list on a plain sheet of paper and use it for my RSVP's and final count. I can then use it for my Thank You cards as well (and my Xmas cards too!)

Hope that helps. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure, but I just wanted to tell you to make sure that you have the list backed up on excel or something.  I used the guest list feature and out of nowhere, it disappeared on me and I have no idea how or why.  I know this happened to a few past knotties too.  Thankfully it was a few weeks after I got them in there and before I send out invites or did RSVPs.....
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Microsoft access.  This is a little more unfamilar and rarely used program, but its a great way to track guests.  It is a database manager and it can export your list into an excel file and into address labels.  You can also add columns to track if you sent a STD, thank yous, etc.  I even set a column for who the guest was associated with (FI or me) and I can easily sort the list based on that.  There is a tutorial for creating a contacts list.  I watched this tutorial and it was fairly easy to use after that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards