Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Where to take pictures

Hi ladies!

Our wedding is only 2 weeks away! Anyone have any ideas of where to take pictures after the ceremony? I can't think of what the place is, but we were thinking about the museum in Oakland that has the big columns on 5th Ave. Our ceremomy is right near South Hills Village and the reception is in Munhall.... uncertain of what the weather is going to be like, so trying to take that into consideration. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Where to take pictures

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_where-to-take-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:24449d08-9ed4-4b6d-9bbe-0e52ed1e839fPost:acaf3c2f-f145-48ca-8477-100dce00d8b1">Where to take pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! Our wedding is only 2 weeks away! Anyone have any ideas of where to take pictures after the ceremony? I can't think of what the place is, but we were thinking about the museum in Oakland that has the big columns on 5th Ave. Our ceremomy is right near South Hills Village and the reception is in Munhall.... uncertain of what the weather is going to be like, so trying to take that into consideration. Thanks in advance!!
    Posted by snakcake[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's the Carnegie Institute! Beautiful! I want to take some pictures there as well for my wedding in April.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you're in that area, it might be fun to take some outside of the museum with the dinosaur nearby.  Or in front of soldiers and sailors?  Or near the Cathedral of Learning?  All of those things are very close to each other, and each very pretty!! 

Good luck! :)

</div>
  • OMG your wedding is soon!

How much time do you have before the reception? I was in a wedding a couple of years ago and we tried to go to Oakland in between. It was terrible and we were late to the reception and the hall got totally mad at us.  But I was in another wedding and we went to that columns thing and it was fine but that wedding was right in Pittsburgh.

I dunno--I hate being a bridesmaid and driving so far to get pics when i just want to eat! It would probably take like two hours to go from SHV to Oakland take pics then to Munhall if Munhalls where I think it is by like the Waterfront??
  • You could do Mt. Washington. Also the Stacks at the Waterfront. No matter what you do, pack snacks. That's a little bit of a drive. :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks for the advice! Our ceremony is at 3 and should be no more than 35 min tops but our reception is at 530 so that doesn't give us much time! I never thought about that stacks at the waterfront... That's a great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards