Nevada-Las Vegas

Feeding your photographer?? Maybe a question for past brides....

We have Todd B&W booked for 6 hours, he will be spending an hour at our reception. Do we include him in our numbers as a guest when we confim with Maggiano's or will he be able to just grab a plate and some food if he wants it.

I'm sure he'd appreciate something to eat after the long day, but on the other hand, I can't imagine he'll want to sit down for all four courses with us so I wouldn't want to pay another $92 if he's just going to have a few of the hors d'oeuvres and then leave.

What did everyone else do?

Re: Feeding your photographer?? Maybe a question for past brides....

• kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's generally accepted that you will feed the photographer if they're going to be at your reception.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask Maggiano's if they offer a vendor meal.  He's probably not going to want a full four-course meal, but I'm sure he'd appreciate a sandwich or something.  Bottom line, if he's about to pass out from hunger, he's not going to deliver the quality you're paying for.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    I would give my Photographer anyhting he wanted!  I want goo photos he gets good food! Period.  If it costs me 93 more dollars so be it.

• edited December 2011
    Its actually in our photographers contract that we feed him!  But, who wants a hungry person taking your pictures.  Also, who wants pictures of them eating?
  • edited December 2011
    We had Todd for our wedding (8 hours) and had our reception at Maggiano's.  Maggiano's does offer a vendor meal for a reduced price so that is an option.  Todd had a place setting at a table and we fed him, along with our DJ.  But he was at our reception for more than 3 hours.  Because he is only going to be there for 1 hour, I might ask him about the meal just in case.  Normally, I would definitely say to provide a meal, but ask in case he feels obligated to stay longer at the reception since he is only there for an hour and will have a meal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mayanutmayanut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for the vendor meal.  They usually provide something easier and quicker to eat.  I've heard from many brides that had B&W, that he often never has time to eat.  So I think he'd appreciate something quick.
  • edited December 2011
    I am feeding my photog she will be with us ALL day long :)
  • edited December 2011
    We had Todd for 8 hours and fed him. As it is, he only took a quick break, but if he hadn't had dinner, it would have been a really long, exhausting day with no food.
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll have Todd for 8 hours, so we've added him to our guest list count for Maggiano's. I really just want him to be comfortable after being with us for so long!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    With the vendor meal, Todd can eat the same meal as the guests, it's just at a discounted price because they figure he probably won't eat as much.  We had him assigned to a table with a place setting, just like a guest.  Of course he ate quickly and was back snapping pictures, but he really appreciated that we included him and fed him.  He made it a point to thank us for the meal and actually stuck around longer than the 8 hours that he was scheduled. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a sit down meal but I included Todd in the numbers for food and drink and I made sure he had something to eat when we did. I also kept telling him to get a drink from the bar. He seemed grateful to be fed and watered but, like others have said, it didn't even cross my mind not to feed him. If I were working my arse off for 8 hours with a rumbling tummy I'd be pretty annoyed!
  • ClaireS80ClaireS80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, I'll ask about the vendor meal. Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards