Florida-Central Florida
Options

Winter Park farmers market??

Im having my reception there and I'm wondering who has done this before and how did you set up with enough time if they only let you have it from 4 to midnight?

Re: Winter Park farmers market??

• Options
    I wish I could help! We are having our reception there as well and one of my biggest problems is having enough time to set up. We ended up hiring a DOC to set up all of our personal stuff (like menu cards, favors, sign-in book, etc) and then all of our major vendors are setting up thier stuff. We are having our cocktail time on the patio start at 6pm and then dinner inside at 7pm...so it gives more time for details inside to be perfect.  Hope this helps some! I would love to hear from other brides on what they did/are doing.
  • Options
    Hi!  I had my reception at the FM in January and can try to help... 

As mentioned by steffy, I would hire a DOC to help set up.  I recommend my coordinator Jaclyn from At Last Weddings.. her and her staff were amazing!  Regadless of who you choose, make sure they are familiar with the Farmers Market and have worked with them before, because they can normally get into the building around 3:30ish.  

Our ceremony started at 4:45 at the Polasek Museum, with cocktail hour following at the farmers market right around 6:00 on the patio (by the time everyone got there).  Depending on your decor, this normally gives your caterer, DOC, DJ, etc.. enough time to set up.  

As far as breakdown goes, we paid our DOC to stay through the evening and conduct clean up.  The reception ended around 11, so it gave them plenty of time to be out by midnight.  

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions! Here is a link to our wedding, where you can see the set up inside.  :)  - Nicole

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards