Florida-South Florida

Photographer recommendations?

September was "Find a Venue" month...check!

October is "Find a Photographer" month!

Recommendations?
Counting down until our 4th of July arrival! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Photographer recommendations?

• What is your budget?  That makes a big difference.  I had to double mine.
  • KimA85KimA85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really have no idea what photographers charge, so my budget is "???"

I was hoping to find what the price range is for the style of photography I like based on their quotes.
  • edited December 2011
    Those were my first 2 checks also! I went with David Acuna. When I searched around I found prices to be as low as $1000 to up to $8000. Depends what kind of package you get, like how many hours you want them there at the wedding, engagement session, albums, etc. I emailed/called a lot of photogrpahers that I liked the pictures on their blog and asked them for their packages/prices list so I could get an idea.
  • LOL, what style do you like?  There are so many. 

I love modern, vivid colors so I went with Lara Rios, http://www.larariosblog.com/

Let me know if you want me to send you their pricing.

I also recommend getting a second shooter.  For instance, the guys will also have getting ready pictures, not just me.

If you want books, those can add a big expense too.  We are doing ours separately.

Also check out:
    Ashley with 13:13 photography - she was already booked on my day, by another Knottie
  • bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love David Acuna, almost went with him.

I'm using Trevor Goldsmith, and he's def one of my favorite vendors!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out my pictures blogged on my BIO, my photographers Ashley and Phillip from 13:13 photography are a dream to deal with, they are talented and the prices are great for the amazing things they do.

Good Luck =)
  • edited December 2011
    Im using Crystal Fielding. I tried a few before her and Im by far happier with her than anyone else!
  • rosel80rosel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Ashley and Philip Colhouer of 1313wedding photography
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using Ivan Apfel. He has been nothing short of wonderful with me. I am so happy to have found him. His prices are great and he's very good at keeping in contact.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Robert Madrid. rmadridphoto.com  I love his style and he has been great with us so far!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • misapickle1misapickle1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG. Alain Martinez. He's sickkkk. His work is abnormal! Modern, amazing shots, makes u feel like a model and gets the most amazing shots. Worth the 8-10k!! The photog is the most important part of the wedding cuz that's the memories. Scrimp on flowers-thsoe go in the garbage! lol

• edited December 2011
    I love my photographer Alicja Colon of Taken Photography, her photos are beautiful and her wedding packages are awesome! Her website is www.miamitaken.com and she has a section called Investments where you can see her prices. I am really happy to have switched photographers this summer, she is really sweet and I know I'm in good hands.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how the search goes! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i'm obsessed with my photog, gregory paul! we just got our e-pics done, and he was amazing!!! everyone we've shown is in awe of his talent :) check out www.gregorypaulblog.com to see our e-pics, we're the ones at the top (remy and bryan)

i also met with sara kauss and she's great too :)
  • anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remy your pics came out amazing!!!!!
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Stacey and Brandon Poirier, www.poirierweddingphotography.com
    FI and I just met with Stacey yesterday and loved her. Their work is awesome and we're in the process of working on our contract. Can't wait to get starting booking for our e-pix!
  • edited December 2011
    I posted this earlier, but you should definitely check out my friend KatieLopezphotography.com...

she's wonderful and affordable

:)
  • edited December 2011
    Here is my review of my Photog. I absolutley LOVED her! She was amazing!!! I can't rave enough about her.

Photo - Kristen Wynn Photography -  412.983.2102
    www.kristenwynnphotography.com/">http://www.kristenwynnphotography.com/
    A+++++ (Pending Photo's – but I am confident they will be amazing too!)
    Kristen was absolutely AMAZING! She has been fantastic with communication from DAY 1!!! She showed up on time, brought an assistant (her hubby, since her normal assistant is 8 mo preggo!) and the got started even though I was late... heheheShe was amazingly affordable ($600 for all rights to my pictures on a disk and she was there ALL day!) and she has an amazing payment policy which helps struggling brides like me… You pay half down to secure your date, and the balance 2-3 weeks later to receive your pictures! How awesome is that!!!Every time I thought, “I want to take a picture of me and this person…” like magic, there she was! I never had to look for her or ask her to take anything!  So far the shots I have seen are awesome! She is on FB, so if you haven’t friended her already, do so!!! My pics will be out in about 2 weeks! www.facebook.com/KristenWynnPhotography">http://www.facebook.com/KristenWynnPhotography
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much anna :) i love GP!!
  • edited December 2011
    i booked gregory paul!!! hes fantastic!!!!
    remy, your siggy pic is my fave!!! its soo pretty :) love that dress!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Chelsey Boatwright. I love her work. She is super nice also.
    She is more affordable then a lot of photographers.

http://www.chelseyboatwright.com/

Anniversary
  • KimA85KimA85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much, this was SO helpful!

I started contacting everybody you all recommended!
  • Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitely recommend Manolo Doreste of InFocus Studios. He is worth every penny so far and has acted as much more than just a photographer in my wedding planning. His work is unmatched in my opinion - and that of many people I have met along the wedding planning process who have actually told me how llucky I am to have him capturing our day!

www.putyoursmileon.com

also friend him on FB - he has even more amazing work there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards