Delaware

Checks!

I had my fitting on Tuesday night.  I went to Sheryl Kelm, down here in the Baltimore area.  She was highly recommended by the girls on the MD board.  And they were right.  She's fantastic.  She seems genuinely excited about the work she does and you can tell she knows what she's talking about.  I ended up only needing the bust taken in a little bit and the bustle put in.  Since there's nothing else that needs to be done, she's going to hold it until about 2 weeks before the wedding.  That way I won't get it all wrinkled up again after she steams/presses it.

I finally got the hair appointments booked for myself, the five bridesmaids, and the flower girl.  I'm also getting my makeup done.   We're going to Ray of Light, in Prospect Park, PA.  My mom decided she was just going to her regular stylist, which is fine with me.  I also booked my trial for hair/makeup.  It's not until Sept. 18th, which will be a good time, because I'll have just had my final pre-wedding haircut (trim).

Also, today at lunch, I took my invitations to the post office.  I walked out of there, and I'll admit, I had a mini panic attack moment.  I'm so anxious to see what people think of them.  After working on them for so long, it feels like such a big moment.  I can't wait for the responses to start coming in!

Smile

Re: Checks!

• Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever post pics of your invitations? I am buying the stamps for mine this afternoon and will be mailing mine tomorrow. Reality is really starting to set in for me too! Sooo Exciting!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. You got a lot done there! Congrats!!  I definately want to see the invitations you worked so hard on! Don't worry, I'm sure everyone will love them!
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember if I ever posted pictures of the invitations or not, but here they are!  Squirrly, the mod on the Invites board, has templates in her bio that were a HUGE timesaver for designing the inserts.  So big big big thank you to her.

• Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! they look so good! very professional. What type of printer did you use?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! those are stunning!! I can't believe you made those! I am so not that creative! Good for you! The guests will LOVE them!
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!  That is such a huge check!  And a big relief and weight off your shoulders getting them out, huh?

You did a fantastic job on them; I love how you worded the top of the response card :)  So cute!
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  Like I said, I used the templates Squirrly had provided, which were a huge time saver.  Then I just played around with the color scheme I wanted and some other design stuff.  Originally, I had a few tiny flatback pearls on the hydrangea graphic, but no matter what I tried, every test I sent to myself in the mail ended up leaving little dents in the pocketfold.  So, I did away with that.

I can't wait to hear when people start getting them.

MBR - Your's went out a little before me.  Have you heard anything from anyone yet?!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards