Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Top 5 memories

What are your Top 5 memories that are burned into your brain, not what you like best on the videotapes or photos?

1. End of the night slow-dancing with my husband with our nearly asleep 2-yr old flower girl/niece on my hip.
2. All the cheers and applause that startled my dad and I when we pulled a couple fancy moves we had practiced for our father/daughter dance.
3. Girl time with my bridesmaids at the church right before getting dressed.
4. Unwinding with Taco Bell with my husband in the hotel room after the long day and he helped me take my hair down.
5. The best break dance circle I've ever seenm & laughing hysterically.

Anniversary

Re: Top 5 memories

• 1. Our first look.
    2. Getting ready with my bridesmaids and mom, and then having my dad come and lace up my dress. Getting randomly hungry and ordering a crap load from room service. Forgetting to put the candy in the boxes and having my mom do that for me morning of. We had a very busy, fun, and crazy morning of LOL. 
    3. Husband's toast.
    4. Sitting at the sweetheart table with husband and not believing it's our weddng and how beautiful everything is. 
    5. Drinking & dancing with friends and family. I just remember being surrounded on the dance floor, constantly. 

• 1. Spending the morning/afternoon with my best friend, her daughter and my mom.  It got kind of crazy (hectic) at times, but it meant a lot to me. 

2.  During our first look, suddenly husband and I forgot how to kiss  - he thought we went right, I said left, so we giggled about that and had to "practice".  Right before the kiss at the end of the ceremony, I whispered "go left" and so our pictures of that moment have us both with massive grins. 

3. My new BIL's toast at the reception.  So very unexpected; sweet, heartfelt and genuine.  We were expecting a much sillier toast from him. 

4.  Our first dance.  It took a couple of tries to get the song right (my bad, not the DJs) but once it started, I didn't want it to end. 

5. Dancing with my new FIL.  He wasn't always supportive of us getting married (no issues with me, just with marriage in general) so dancing with him and having him tell me how happy he was for us meant the world. 
  • 1. The hair salon was on the opposite side of town from me and there was a parade between the two of us.  I tried to go north to go around the parade, but they blocked me and sent me way south through the ghetto.  I was an hour late for the hair appointment and the rest of the day was late because of that.

2. The make-up lady who did my mom's make-up was horrible!  She made my mom look so old!  My mom ended up washing it all off aftewards and she ended up looking gorgeous.

3. Our first dance was absolutely awesome, but the music skipped throughout the song (stupid DJ using CDs).  Then, my husband dipped me at the end, but my photographer wasn't able to get a picture, so we had to dip again.

4. My MOHs speech was absolutely terrible.  So was so drunk when she did it.  The best man's speech brought tears to my eyes though.

5. Dancing with my step father at the end of the wedding.  We haven't always gotten along, but it was a very sweet moment.  Only time I've ever seen him cry.
  • Your top 5 kinda sound like the bottom 5.
    Anniversary
  • Yea, I failed.  I was thinking the top 5 memories of the night, not the top 5 best memories.
  • 1. Walking down the aisle and trying not to cry, with my eyes locked on his, and how solid he felt when we took each others' hands.

2. The speeches by the two best men and my sister.  My sister did an amazing job, but I was super surprised by how touching the other two were - I thought they might go for humor, but I really got to see how much my husband meant to his brother and his best friend.

3. Dancing with my grandfather, he's 87 and has a hard time walking but always loved to dance.  Once he got going he was pretty into it (even if we didn't move very far) and to me that was priceless.

4. The rainbow that appeared right before our reception started, after we'd all had to head inside to avoid the rain.  It stretched across the whole sky.

5. Sitting down the morning of the wedding to write down my thoughts to my future husband, and realizing how much he really does mean to me and thinking how happy I was to be marrying him.
    imageimage
  • 1. Getting ready - it took 5 people (4 out of 7 bridesmaids plus my mom) to help put on my poofy dress! It was funny and I loved it!

2. Walking down the aisle - feeling like a celebrity with all the cameras flashing (like paparrazi). I actually had to catch my breath at how overwhelming yet beautiful the day was going to be.

3. My husband's speech - He incorporated my son (his step son) into his speech by calling him up and saying that he knows his favourite subject is math so he wanted him to know that he is not losing/subtracting family but he is gaining/adding family. It was very touching and many thought so to the point where they gave him a standing ovation for it.

4. Our first dance - The words are so meaningful ("Masterpiece" by Atlantic starr)

5. The overall energy - We had a great time with great people. The dancing, the jokes...simply perfect and unfortunate it doesn't happen often
  • Aww everyones top memories are making me tear up in excitement for my own wedding less than 2 months away!!
  • 1) Getting ready with my mom, MOH & three close friends -the laughing, the stories, the champagne were flowing that morning. 

2) Almost fainting as I was waiting before our First Look - I was so nervous that he wouldn't like my hair (I wore it up when I usually wear it down every day - he loved it!)

3) Looking at my dad right before I walked down the aisle with him I said, "Are you ready?" He replied, " Are YOU ready?" I said, "More than I could ever tell." 

4) Cake cutting - my husband asked if he could smash the cake on my face a little, he wouldn't go overboard and I said sure. Well, I ended up with cake up my nose, on my cheeks & in my eyelashes and I just couldn't stop laughing. That moment made everyone gasp then bust out laughing all at once. Priceless.

5) Seeing all our family & friends at the reception dancing & having such a great time with each other, telling jokes & stories, people dancing that normally wouldn't. We were just one big family, 55 people strong that night.
     Laughing
  • 1 - The look in his eyes when I first got to see him.  

2 -  The terror that I felt at the Hora when the chair gets lifted...and tilts.   My DH had to talk me into this...he kept saying nobody ever drops the bride.  

3 - The three flower girls who had met 12 hours earlier giggling in the corner at 11 pm so overtired that they were giddy.   They were so well behaved all day.  I will take giddy over tears any day. 

4 - The moment of silence at the end of our first dance just before everyone broke into insane cheering applause.  We rocked that dance.

5 - Watching Mom and Dad finally relax and enjoy a dance of their own at the end of the night. 
  • What great memories! Im sitting at work crying because of all the beautiful stories!
  • 1. Walking down the aisle with my mom. My dad passed over 10 years ago and she has been the rock of our family ever since.

2. Our vows. We wrote them ourselves. They were so heart felt and I know that we each meant every word. There wasn't a dry eye in the place when we finished.

3. Our first dance. WE ROCKED IT!! We had been practicing for over a month and had kept it a secret from everyone. Everyone loved it!

4. Our last dance. I had asked the dj to play a particular song. I was talking to the last of our guests when it came on. When I heard it, I ran to the dance floor and my H met me there. We danced and hugged and laughed until the very end.

5. Getting up to the hotel room and saying "Hi Husband" and him replying "Hi Wife". It was the best feeling in the world!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I new this was a good post to check out. Less than ten days till our wedding and I am so done obsessing over the details. I want the day to be here already and now I am crying. Thanks for sharing your beautiful memories!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) Standing outside of the church with my Dad and trying not to cry... but after 7 long years of waiting for this moment, we both lost it.

2) Walking down the aisle and seeing my new husaband looking back at me. I was pretty much bawling, but when my heels kept getting stuck on my dress and I had to stop to pull the skirt up, it gave us all a little comic relief.

3) Finishing dinner, when all of a sudden, an impromptu fireworks display started right outside and everyone walked to the balcony to watch. We got married in Key West, and it turned out the International Sailfishing Tournament was going on and they do the fireworks every year... We had no idea, but got the most amazing pics. And my Dad walked around the rest of the night telling everyone "Man, you have no idea how much those fireworks cost me"... always the jokester!

4) Our getaway car was a Bike Taxi (in true Key West fashion) and the driver took us to some obscure little bars so my husband and I could have a drink and share a few moments together. It was exactly what we need after the long day.

5) But then it was down to Duval Street to meet all of our friends and family and we ended the night singing and dancing almost until the sun came up!
  • only 5???????????? boo.

1) our party bus! SO MANY memories....one i could try to explain but it would take forever.

2) taking photos with our WP

3) walking down the aisle and seeing H staring at me

4) my cousin (who was a jr bm) wrote us a song and played it on her guitar (she wrote the tabs for it!) i knew she played guitar but didnt know she sang like that! (shes in 9th grade) the best part was only the DJ and her parents knew! i dont think there was a dry eye there.

5) drinking, dancing and partying with our guests! i think i danced with every GM (and H of course!)
  • 1. The Groomsmen reaction when I walked up to the church (mouths wide open!).

2. Walking down the aisle with my father.

3. Staring at my husband-to-be and trying not to cry.

4. Cutting the cake.

5. The After Party!  (Finally we were able to relax and have fun!)

• amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    1.  Our reception getting shut down at 9pm because of noise complaints (long story).  But they let us stay and we got to hang out and drink and talk with all of our guests.

2.  The afterparty that got shut down because of all the excessive noise!

3.  The looks on the guests faces when the fire dancers came out at our welcome dinner.

4.  The huge bruise on my arm from drinking too much 2 nights before the wedding and running into a door knob 20 times.

5.  My husband crying during our vows!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards