Colorado

Needing Colorado honeymoon help!!

Hello Fellow knotties!
I have a huge favor.  We are traveling to Colorado for our honeymoon, I'm so excited!  We are driving from Kansas, and staying the first few days in the Pikes Peak area.  On the second "leg" of our trip we are going to Denver.  Here's where your help comes in.  I need a reasonablily priced place to stay in the Denver area that is in a good neighborhood.  We plan on doing a ton of sight seeing while there so we don't need a lot of fancy extras.  I've tried searching online, but there are so many options, I just don't know where to even start.  We want to go to the brewery's, Buffalo Bill's, 4 Mile park, South Broadway Antiques, and some resturants which are more in the downtown area.  I'm just not sure if we should stay downtown or a more centralized location.  I was hoping to do as little driving as necessary while there.  Any help anyone could give will be extremely appreciated.  Thanks Again.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Needing Colorado honeymoon help!!

• edited December 2011
    Since you are driving, getting around to all the places you want to visit should be easy! If you don't want to stay in the middle of downtown, there are a lot of decent hotels in the Lakewood area. There are a lot that are close to Highway 6, which will take you either straight into downtown Denver if you go east, or straight into downtown Golden (where the Coor's Brewery is located). I hope I helped! :)
    "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • benandmegginbenandmeggin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hwy 6 idea is good.  Have you considered a bed and breakfast?  There are some cute ones in Golden itself and Golden is such a nice little town to stay in that is still close to the city.  Enjoy your wedding!
    Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. Pregnancy Ticker</a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards