North Carolina

Bridesmaid Drama (long rant)

Ok- I just can't seem to catch a break!  When the FI and I decided on our wedding party, the one thing we could not agree on was the number of people on each side.  I really wanted 2, he wanted 3, so I said, whatever, and asked a 3rd person to be a bridesmaid.  My 3rd bridesmaid is someone that I went to college with and have maintained a friendship with over the past years since graduation.  She now lives in the DC area and we are not as close as we used to be, but I still consider he a good friend.  She does have 1 main fault, as we all do, and it is that she needs to be the center of attention at all times.

Well, my Bachelorette party was last night.  It was my bridal party, my mom, my best friends mom and a few other good friends.  My 3rd bridesmaids irritated EVERYONE at the party!  She was rude, only wanted to talk about her, would switch the subject back to her if it went towards me and wedding, tried to skip out on the bar tab, insulted my best friends mother and this is just some of it!  I was so irriated that I was over the party and just wanted to go home half way through!  I woke up this am and asked my mom how do you kick someone out of your bridal party- she was that bad.

My Matron of Honor, who was also highly irritated, said she would talk to her, but, I just don't know what I am supposed to do.  I know people get jealous when their good friends get married sometimes.  I know that some people feel they need to be the center of attention, but really?  I don't like to be the center of attention, but sometimes it is about me, and it was my bachelorette party.  We spent 90% of the evening talking about her, even when we tried to tell her to hush, she just didn't get the hints. 

Am i over reacting?  Did any of you have any bridesmaids like this, and how did you deal with it?  The last thing I want on my wedding day is to be irriated by her all day long talking talking talking and demanding attention.

HELP!

Re: Bridesmaid Drama (long rant)

• KimmiD55KimmiD55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a lot of advice, but I hate you are having to deal with this! I had a BM that started out like this, but she stepped up 100% when it was crunch time!  Hopefully, your BM will do the same for you!  GL!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

and to think that this person has a problem with me.  i tink she's got a problem with EVERYONE..thank god she's got me on ignore so i can say this. 

Three words of advice to the beau:  RUN BABY RUN

• edited December 2011
    i had the same problem. My one BM would constantly talk about how she was getting boob implants and how great her boobs were going to look. She would go On and ON and ON about this subject throughout the Bach party and rehearsal dinner. Everyone was getting annoyed. Finally I told her straight up listen I get it, your going to have beautiful boobs but I don't want to hear about it until after the wedding. She didn't get mad, she understood and all was well. But we have always had a honest relationship, so no hard feelings. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Grr that is super annoying. Unfortunately I think you just have to try to breathe and ignore her as much as you can. Sorry, I know that is lame advice =/
  • edited December 2011
    Unless you're honest with this woman I wouldn't expect anything to change.  Be upfront about the issue.  If you're an adult about explaining it and she's an adult about taking criticism, then things should work out fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I have no good advice on that one but man that sucks. Frown

PS - I am loving the Block feature, dont have to see posts from the Troll! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards