New York-New York City
Options

I chose my dress!

Maddie by Melissa Sweet. I'm so excited!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos

Re: I chose my dress!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is really cute.  I like it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it.  The beading is beautiful
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's gorgeous!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the dress is everything but beautiful. I don't like the beading...it looks as if someone pulled it through a masticator. It doesn't look like a wedding dress, but more than something for a gala dinner or something like that...I think you could do much better with something more beautiful and more princess-like. You really should overthink this decision and this dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_chose-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:a21b00f6-3061-43a1-a67d-3dcfe98c21e4Post:238f534a-c152-41cb-b94b-04ceb012d523">Re: I chose my dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]the dress is everything but beautiful. I don't like the beading...it looks as if someone pulled it through a masticator. It doesn't look like a wedding dress, but more than something for a gala dinner or something like that...I think you could do much better with something more beautiful and more princess-like. You really should overthink this decision and this dress.
    Posted by NatashaRhodes[/QUOTE]

Aww yeah Natasha, that's how to keep it classy--troll the moderator!!

Alison, it is beautiful and i'm sure it suits you perfectly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty and unique!
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everybody! (except Natasha, of course)

this dress is definitely not for everyone, but its perfect for me and I couldn't be happier.

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This dress is completely amazing and one of the most awesome wedding dresses I've ever seen (and I've seen it up close). Congrats Alison! 

Natasha, maybe you should "overthink" [sic] your nasty attitude. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its just about the most delightful dress I have ever seen! for reals! where did you end up getting it? did you snag anywhat of a deal... i hope? 

• Options
    tuffybeartuffybear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats !!! This dress is amazing ! 

• Options
    tuffybeartuffybear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys!

I actually ended up buying it at Saks during the Melissa Sweet trunk show.

I wasn't planning to buy it there, but they offered me a free muslin (which the Priscilla store was charging me $500 for) and I got 10% off for opening a Saks card. Also, I get a $450 Saks gift card which I will use towards a matching bolero.

I had a great experience at Saks, much better than Priscilla or Kleinfeld's.

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhh i love it!!!  the whole thing is exquisite.  now the most important question..... what shoes are you going to wear with it?  although i love my long dress i seriously considered a short one for a long time because of how fun it will be to pick out shoes that will actually show!
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    probably some kind of silver low heel. Sadly, I can't walk in anything over 2 inches.

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it. It's short, right?  It's hard to tell from the pics. I love short dresses, I think they are so cute and timeless. 

And the detail is amazing!! Very unique!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, its tea length. Here's a photo of it on the model:

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love it. 

I don't think you were here when she was on the board, but a knottie who got married a month before I did, burlingtonbride, also had a tea-length dress.  It was so classic, I loved the way it looked. 

Are you wearing a veil? What kind?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    probably a little birdcage/blusher

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that's not sad about the low heels!  you will probably be thanking yourself when your feet don't hurt at the end of the night!! :)))

good choice on silver, what the model is wearing (which also sounds like what you had in mind) looks great with the dress!
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree!  I am going with a low heel too (2 inches or less) and also a metallic (gold or silver)!   I am not good with high heels
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG. I almost peed my pants reading Natasha's comment.  I'm sorry, it's hilarious. She had to have been joking?

In any event, very cute, unique dress. Congrats! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, it is *beautiful*!!  Sophisticated and still very fun!  I absolutely love it - a real stunner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards