Gothic Weddings

Slowly progressing

It's so strange because I feel like most of you ladies have already had your big day, and there aren't very many of the engaged ladies posting. I also post in the vintage/retro board, but this one is my favorite! Sorry about the long post, but I really need to get this stuff out of my head...

Updates:
1. I still need to make more payments on my gown before they order it in my size. Then it could take up to 4 months to get it. It's something to look forward to, but also kinda stressful.

2. I got a beautiful black pillar candle holder set with a glass "globe" that sits on it for the center part of the unity candle set. The glass is cut in a diamond pattern. It also has a loop off to the side of it that holds a candle snuffer. It was only $8.50 at a thrift store! We still need candle holders for the side candles. I'm thinking about getting crystal candle holders. I'm also trying to decide whether I want red or white candles. Too many decisions......

3. I found a couple rings that I really like. Ones at an antique shop. It's has a big red stone and it's tarnished, which I love, it's only $28. The others are at Walmart. One is sterling with a simulated ruby in a marquis cut and its' surrounded by CZ's. The other is beautiful, but it's just CZ's. They both cost $48.

4. Chris found some cuff links at an antique shop. We're hoping we can get them before someone else does. *crossing fingers really hard*

5. We have a good playlist started. We sit up at night after the baby goes to bed and drink a beer and look up ridiculous crap on playlist.com. It's pretty fun. 

5. My awesome bridal shop attendant, Christina, used to be a wedding coordinator so I have an expert to throw ideas off of. She also knows someone that could possibly be our officiant. I guess he's not religious, which is good. I'm hoping to go to shop again this friday to try on my gown with some jewelry (I have no clue what's going to look right, STRESS!) and talk with her. 

6. We ordered 100 sandalwood fans form theknot on Nov 25th. That was a big investment, but the were only .89 each. They're not the personalized ones, because I'm not crazy about that idea. We also ordered Chris's pocketwatch and I had it engraved with his initials. It's the one that has al the gears showing. I can't wait to see it!!!!

We still have a LOT to do and buy. It's starting to feel a little more stressful. I wanted to have a lot more done before 2010 rolls in. I still have over 7 months to go though, so we'll just keep plugging along. All of the little things that we need in multiples (hats, gifts, decorations, etc) are what's getting me....
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Slowly progressing

• Wow! You sound like you're right on track! I hadn't even begun to think about those things 7 mos out! Post pics with your jewelry when you try your dress on. I can't wait to see.

Everything seems as though it's coming together quite nicely for you!
  • You sound very organized! I'm super stressed out about all the nitty gritty details. Sometimes I even have nightmares that its my wedding day, and nothing is done! (pretty pathetic huh?) Your wedding will come together wonderfully! Definitely post pics of you in your gown, cause I wanna see!

P.s. I'm one of the engaged lurkers ^_^
  • Yet another engaged lurker....lol

Sounds like you're right where I am, some stuff done and a whole lot more left to do...the list just goes on and on doesn't it?

We've been haunting the thrift stores and antique shops, and even the pawn shops in our area for stuff....amazing finds for the paitent. Fingers crossed for you on the cufflinks!
  • Sorry ladies, I didn't get any pictures this time.  :( The updated pictures will be in January when I go in with one of my bridesmaids. Belva, the shop owner and seamstress, and I were getting down to the nitty-gritty about the veil, jewelry, flower girl dress, and etc. She found some better black lace to put on my veil, and a different style veil that she wanted to show me. She just got in a few new catalogs which contained the same jewelry and a beaded handbag that I had already picked out from a different website. That was really good news, because I would rather get them from her. They are in my planning bio under "brides attire". Belva and Christina, the amazingly awesome attendant, got to look at my planning website! It's the perfect way to show them the total feel for the wedding!

*WereAya - The details are really hard to keep together. When I started I thought it would be a piece of cake. Now it feels like the cake is gonna burn if I don't keep checking on it all the time! My planning bio is one of the best ways that I keep all of my up-to-date ideas together. It's got a lot of stuff in it, but it's truly very helpful. I also love theknot's budgeter and guestlist. The budgeter will be getting more use in May 2010, when I have to book rentals, order flowers, order the cake, and etc. I also carry a five subject notebook and keep it in the car so I can write down things that I see in stores and their prices.

*nycegrrl - The list certainly does have a way of growing doesn't it! This week is a big one though, because we're picking up a lot of things that were on my "stress" list above. The cufflinks were still there, and they're only $15!!!WoooooHooooo! Chris is happy! That was one of the "special" things that he wanted (along with a top hat and pocket watch) for the wedding and future events.

*scoetto - Of course, more wonderful words from our great moderator!

So hey engaged ladies! Post some of your updates, too! So we can see what's going on with you!!! :) <---I did not mean to rhyme there :P
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards