Arizona-Phoenix

Re: Group On Deal for Dance Lessons.

• edited December 2011
    I hate to be a downer, but I will just let you know about my experience with Fred Astair-

My FI and I have been taking dance lessons at a Fred Astair for a few months now.  I would caution anyone who decides to do it because you wont learn enough to use it at your wedding with what they are offering here.  And, it is a business, so, after the first lesson they will try to get you to sign up for more.  Which is their job.  But it is a hard sales pitch which really makes it really awkward at your next lessons.  Then the hard sales pitch continues every time you go back in. 

But, to continue and get something out of it you will most likely need  15 individual  (not group) lessons.  And, they try to start with $85 per lesson.  We found that you can negotiate with them after they slide the paper or calculator across the table (yes this really happened). 

We set aside some money in our budget for dance lessons, so we knew what we wanted to spend and we made it work .   We now have a first dance, and we found out that we really like dancing! FI is much better than I am! 

All in all, personal decision, but from personal experience, all you are paying for here is a $10 high pressure sales pitch.  If you want to learn to dance and have the $$ in your budget just walk in.  You can get the sales pitch for free ;)
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Dr.AcostaDr.Acosta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might look into Dance with Chad.  He teaches classes in Tempe and does a special class once a week to get read for your dance. You learn things that you can actually use.  My fiance is not comfortable with dancing and he does great with Chad.  He and his assistnts are very easy going and will make you feel comfortable.    We did group classes and some individual and can't wait to do our dance!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards