California-Orange County

anyone getting (gotten) married at Santiago Oaks Park?

The website says max 150 people. Did anyone have that many? Was it comfortable or very crowded?

Did you have any trouble taking pictures in the orange grove?

Did you have your reception there? Was there any open space to set up some lawn games such as bocci ball or horse shoes?

What was your favorite part of the venue? Least favorite? Any advice?

Re: anyone getting (gotten) married at Santiago Oaks Park?

• I did and i loved if ... about 150 or just people showed up which did suck because the guy at the gate was turning away cars! and who knows who didnt want to fight parking, so im not sure which guests just went home i was so bummbed! after the parking lot fills they had to drive up towards the housing so they had to walk almost half a mile! 

they dont allow photos in the grove anymore, previous weddings exploited that, 

i did have my reception there, we ran out of chairs and had to use their picnic tables, i didnt mind, just added to the rustic theme, there is a small lawn where i had my cocktail hour, where you could do those games but i could only see horse shoe going on not the other one, my favorite part was how beautiful it is there and it is such a hidden gem everyone kept saying they had no idea it was there ! least favorite was a huge highscool cross country event was happing at the same time and the city blocked off the main road to get to my venue, so they had to detour and everyone was getting lost! there was so much traffic around, if i had known in time i would have made alot more signs!!!! so annoying i was so upset...advice would be get your permits on time, i did mine way too late but the city was nice and emailed them to me the day before! thank god! and if you wanna see some of my pictures check out my pinterest! 

*CowFish Kisses*
  • thank you very much for your help! huge bummer about not being able to take pictures in the grove- that was a selling point for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards