Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

We are considering Thunder Bay for our honeymoon. What's there to do? Anyone been to the area or from there?

Re: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

• Options
    edited February 2013
    First of all, I'm so happy to hear that you are thinking about coming to Canada for your honeymoon. Do you know much about the area of Thunder Bay?  Is there a particular reason you are considering this?  If you are into fishing, camping and the outdoors and want to see some real Canadian wilderness, then by all means consider going to Thunder Bay.  You may want to know that Thunder bay is a relatively small city, even though it is the largest city in northwestern Ontario. It is very far from Toronto; it is not possible to drive there in one day (two is a strech). The closest major city is actually Winnipeg, Manitoba. You may not find luxury accomidations in the city,but you may find some lodges and quaint cabin resorts in the area.  You will likely need to rent a car to get around. I just want to make sure you know what you are getting into. 

An area you may want to consider is Muskoka/Georgian Bay.  Only 2.5 hours from Toronto, you will find beautiful rocky shores and a plethora of accomidations for any budget, including some very luxurious resorts.

Ontario is a vast province with many other areas which you could consider for an adventurous honeymoon. www.ontariotravel.net is a great website, which breaks down the province by areas, and lists attractions for each, driving directions, accomidation suggestions and many other useful tools. 

Ontario is my home province, and there is something here for everyone to enjoy. Spend some time researching what you would like to do, and I'm sure you will find something that you will both enjoy. I hope you have a great time here!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have no clue of  the area. We are getting married in Minnesota and since we can't afford the Europe honeymoon we talked about, we figured getting out of the country would be fun. The only reason we are considering Thunder Bay is because it's a 4 hour car ride but could be a nice starting point. The fiance wants to travel back down through the New England states. 

Thanks for the pointers I'll talk to the bfhusband. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards