September 2013 Weddings
Options

FINALLY decided on a date!

Yayyayyayyayyay!! Sunday, September 1st, 2013!

It was such a pain trying to figure this out! I've been running dates and time frames in my head 24/7 for forever! See we had a plan, well seperat eplans for our engagement/wedding and our kids ages. Perfect plans, that didn't mesh at all! We had our first daughter in December and we want our kids 18 months apart, 24 at the longest... We don't want another fall/early winter baby and we don't want a summer baby either lol. So we planned to TTC this August, EDD April-May 2013. Butttt we wanted a short engagement, no longer then a year, and a May wedding. So nothing fit! I didn't want to be pregnant at our wedding either, and I obviously didn't want a 1-2 month old there either! UGH! We also didn't want a fall wedding or one dead in the middle of "the season", and Winter to me = formal and formal = kaching so we decided on the very earliest you can get in September! It has worked out prefectly! It's a Sunday so our venue has dicounted rates and it will put our Daughter a few months under 2 and *hopefully* baby #2 about 5-6 months old, which is MUCH more maneagable then 1-2months! Both of our kids will be at our wedding, (just in case, because you never know how feelings will turn out) preventing any bad or left out feelings from our daughter being born before we were married, and I want 4 so it will make for an even split. And it leaves us engaged for a year an a half which is okay for us. Can you tell that I am a massive OCD (CDO, thankyou!) Anal, over planning freak?? Lol :)

Anyways... just wanted to share my excitement!!! Yayyayyayyayyayyayyayyay *happy dance*
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FINALLY decided on a date!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Congrats !! 

Oh and I totally understand your OCD :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on picking a date!

And May babies are awesome...just sayin' ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • Options
    YAY!! I really really do share your excitement, we just decided today on Sept 1, 2013 :) Pretty cool to find someone with the same date.  We were originally going to do May 2014 because of all the traveling I will need to do in 2013 for school (doing my PhD online for psych, lots of face to face clinicals/workshops).  Neither of us were very happy with waiting so long and he randomly mentioned 2013 and we somehow came up with Sept.  We went back and forth all week with the Labor day weekend vs another weekend and FINALLY decided tonight! I just sent out a confirmation email to the venue, they have that day open and wanted us to confirm asap so we can finalize the contract.

YAAAAYYY :)  I am so excited, lol for you and for me!

Jen
  • Options
    Congrats!  We picked September 1st!! Not that the day is meaningful, or that i put half as much work as you did in picking... LOL!  I just wanted a long weekend... May (Memorial day wkend) Is way to packed, my bday, my goddaughters bday, FSIL bday, just too much going on, so we moved it to Labor day wkend! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards