Canada

Snow Storm 2011

For all the girls in Ontario and East....
Was the media accurate, or was it all just hype in your area? We got a lot of snow, but not what they were predicting. I heard upwards of 30cm predicted, but that last I heard we actually got 21cm. More than I'd like, but definitely better than it could have been. The winds and drifting snow are the real problem. It's snowing again right now, so I'll probably have to shovel again when I get home. Blah.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Snow Storm 2011

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Montreal and it's snowing here too....Bummer.  Why is it that all these Americans have snow days and we don't?  So not fair.  They get one bad winter with some big amounts of snow and the world stops turning.  I'm just jealous.  People here got too used to it and now we have to suffer going to work anyway boo-hoo.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for living in Saskatoon! :-)  We have hardly gotten any snow this year, oddly, but winter is making up for it by giving us around -45 with windchill for the last few days.  It's finally starting to feel a bit better today, yay!
  • kaitlyn20kaitlyn20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

its snowing here in the fredericton area....boo :( this winter started out good but has slowly went down hill :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We got snow over the weekend (Calgary) and it was really crappy roads, but it's melting today! We were -30 on the weekend. Today? +5!!!
    My headaches are driving me crazy with all the weather changes.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_snow-storm-2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:220da40b-36b0-487a-b401-a898b9795a3dPost:6a9587c5-05bf-4810-9ac2-1f0d4cdc924c">Re: Snow Storm 2011</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got snow over the weekend (Calgary) and it was really crappy roads, but it's melting today! We were -30 on the weekend. Today? +5!!! My headaches are driving me crazy with all the weather changes.
    Posted by mcdol3[/QUOTE]

I hear ya!  It was -45 yesterday and for the last few days here, and today 0.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be +3.  Crazy prairies!
  • suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made the 3 minute drive to work tonight in 40 minutes, after shovelling to get out of the door, shovelling to get to the car, shovelling the driveway and sliding all the way into the hospital parking lot. As expected, I was the only scheduled nurse to make it in, an overtimer made it and a day staff is working a 24 hour shift (we're managing okay but working short). Hope our relief gets here in the morning, but 45 cm of snow is making that iffy. Did I ever mention I could easily winter somewhere warm?Smile
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The important thing is that it's mostly been safe so far :) it could be a lot worse with these snow storms and all.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got a lot of snow.  We didn't get the 40  they said we'd get (I'm in Halifax, NS) but we got 10 one day and 30-35 the next.  Shoveling was no fun.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards