August 2014 Weddings

How's everyone's week going?

Hey ladies! Just popping in to see how everyone's week has been going. Anything interesting going on?

I'm opening up a new store next Wednesday, so this entire week will be devoted to cleaning, and setting up the new store! So exhausting!

Re: How's everyone's week going?

• Hi Sonya!

We have been so busy the past few months! I haven't done any wedding planning at all. :(

Our lives have just been a rollercoaster. But I think that things are going to slow down a little bit soon. And I could really use the break! And as if I don't have enough going on I decided that I want to go back to college. That would mean that I would no longer be working so that I could go back full time and really focus on school. If I do go back to school then I really need to start planning soon because going down to one income = BUDGET wedding!!! And I think that the sooner we start wedding planning then the better! :)

What have you been up to?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, sounds like we've both been really busy! I haven't really had time to plan anything lately either. That's great that you are going back to school! I am hoping to be able to do that soon, too. I have mostly just been working, a lot. Trying to spend as much time with FI as I can. We unfortunately usually work opposite shifts. :/
  • edited May 2012
    When we first met and started dating we worked opposite shifts too.  I worked from 6:30 in the morning until about 3 everyday and my FH worked from 10pm until 7am. He also worked about an hour away so he would have to get on the road around 8:30pm. He would sleep while I was at work and then we would have a few hours together in the evening. I'm happy to say that has changed! He works a more normal shift now. And I don't work at all anymore since I'm going back to school.

Nothing is really new here......but I did get a new bridal set. It's white gold and sparkly and I love it!! And I think that I have decided on our color scheme. White, icy pink, frosty blue and silver. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, those are some crazy schedule differences! I'm glad things are much better now. 

Yay! It sounds beautiful! I like your color scheme! Mine's sorta similar: Navy and Hot Pink and Silver.
  • Oh yeah! I remember now. I love that color scheme too. I actually think that navy and hot pink is a better color scheme choice for a summer wedding but the lighter cooler shades will look better where we want to have our reception at.  The ceiling is painted with a sky blue and cloud motif so I was thinking the lighter shades.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    *oops double post

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes! Those would look great with that ceiling!
  • Yay! I'm so excited!! I bought my dress!!!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY! So exciting!!! Where did you get it from?
  • I bought it at a little boutique that I pass by all the time. It's an Alfred Angelo.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sonya+adamsonya+adam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Nice! I'm pretty sure I've decided on mine as well. It's from David's Bridal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards