Delaware

ceremony musicians?

Can anyone recommend someone for a short outdoor ceremony?  We're thinking of having a solo guitarist...has anyone seen this?

Thanks ladies! :)
ttc chart
BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12

Re: ceremony musicians?

• LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes -- I went to an outdoor wedding where they had a classical guitarist and loved it! Unfortunately it was down in Florida, so I don't have any local musician recommendations.

I would love to have a guitarist, but my mom really wants a harp, and honestly it's the only thing she's given a great deal of input on (w/out me asking), so I'm willing to do that to make her happy.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, my mom freaked out when we said we were just extending the DJ an hour to do the ceremony and insists on live music so I figured I could do that for her :)  It will be nicer than recorded music, I'm just worried about the cost which is why I was leaning toward one person rather than a quartet or something.
    ttc chart
  • edited December 2011
    You can search for musicians here:  http://www.gigmasters.com/

I received something in the mail from a solo guitarist, but I think I threw it out.  Sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    I am searching for the same thing. Keith Mack www.keithmack.net has been recommended to me by several people although I have yet to contact him.  I had my heart set on a string ensemble but that hasn't really worked out yet!  I did e-mail the music department at University of DE and they will post your information on a message board for students.  Only problem there is that if no one is interested in playing, you get no feedback as the university doesn't organize private events for students.

Good luck :)  Let me know if you find something worth looking into!
  • edited December 2011
    I did find someone, thanks!  I'm using the Bowman-Braddock duo, it's a guitarist and flute player.  I found them through the UD music site, I think under Professors' Ensembles.
    ttc chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards