Indiana-Indianapolis

Go DJ, that's my DJ

So I need some suggestions on who to spin the one's and two's at my Indianapolis-area wedding.  I have no idea how much a DJ will even cost and I certainly don't want to spend very much money.  Any idea of how much a DJ will cost for a ceremony and reception?  Anyone have any good DJ to recommend in the area?  Quite honestly, I don't care if they're super fun and entertaining... I just want them to play the songs my fiance and I want to hear and I don't want them to be super corny.

Help!

Thanks!
Nikki :)

Re: Go DJ, that's my DJ

• edited December 2011
    Hi Nikki!  When I started my Indy DJ search in June, I was sooooo overwhelmed!!!  All the local companies all seemed sooo corny!  On a community board (either weddingwire.com or theknot.com) I found the name ladkesidedj.com and checked out their site... it was def different than all the other dj's!  i called and James was sooo awesome on the phone!  i had no doubt booking him that day!  He really listened to what we were looking for and was able to work with our budget big time!!!!  We are actually meeting with him after work tomorrow... I will let you know what we think, but his website is def worth looking at! 
    Goooooood Luck!!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Find Diet Support on our Weight Loss Blogs and Forums
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  I'll check him out and let me know how the meeting goes!
  • angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using suretones entertainment (Jared Wade).  My fiance did all of the meetings because I travel an ungodly amount for work.  Our wedding is next weekend so I'll let ya know how he is...but he sends us a questionnaire and has us list all of the music that we want for the various events, plus asks for names of our favorite artists, songs, and radio stations, so he can play the music we want.  He also asks the amount of interaction we want with the audience...we want light encouragement to get people on the dance floor, but then 100% music from then on.  Like I said...I'll let you know after next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So helpful!  Let me know how he does! Any price estimates for him?

Good luck on your big day!!  SO EXCITING to see the result of SO much planning!!!
  • edited December 2011

We met with the guy from lakesidedj the other day.  He was really so nice!  He made great suggestions and we basically planned out all the key moments... he even has a guy that is going to play guitar while our guest are arriving!  I think he is really going to fit in so well with our family!!!  We were concerned about all the little kids that are going to be there, and he assured us that there will not be anything inappropriate played, phew! 

• Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for keeping me posted!  I actually just reached out to him for a generic quote (we don't have a venue so at this point they're just guessing on cost).  He quoted me for $1,000.  If you don't mind my asking, is that a similar cost to what you're being charged?
  • edited December 2011

He was running a special with some Indy wedding promotions website the next day, and he gave me the promotional price... I'm surprised he told you $1000!  that is just soo much money!

• Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooo good to know!  I know some DJs will negotiate... sounds like he'd be willing to do that if we move forward with him.

Thanks so much!
  • alilangel0alilangel0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with DJs Direct. I am getting their owner for $800. That is pre-cermony, cermony, and reception. They charge even less if you choose one of his Djs and let them pick your DJ for you. They have a facebook page and are really amazing. There are about 8 DJs that work there and they all get amazing reviews. I'm using Jeremy Gearries. If you google DJs direct you can get an instant quote online.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Nikki,
    My fiance and I are using Event One DJs. We went to a wedding that Wes did last October and loved the music! He wasn't corny at all and played everything the couple wanted. I can't say enough about how fun that reception was. We booked him for ours. They have a website where you can manage all of the Must Play songs and Do Not Play songs. I think they are $695 on a Friday for 4 hours and $895 on a Saturday for 4 hours. I think DJ is one of the things totally worth a little extra $$ - if you want your guests raving about how much fun your wedding was!
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    Dj's are one of those items you will get what you pay for. I've found that the good ones usually charge around $800-$1200 for dinner and dance.

Ours made a very good point that you NEED to ask what is the back-up plan in case of illness/ equipment failure.
  • BusyLizBusyLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using windsong entertainment and he's great! Ceremony and reception and he can even officiate if anything happens! Lol I would check him out!
  • jpetrojpetro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used DJs Direct for our pre-ceremony, ceremony and reception for between 700-800.  Brian Whitis was our DJ and he was FANTASTIC!  Everything went exactly as planned and people danced all night at the reception.  I'd definitely recommend him and anyone else from their company--very easy to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards