Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Song Too Long??

Need some help Brides!

My groom and I have a special song.  All I Want Is You by U2.  He knew it was my favourite song so he learned how to play it on guitar and sang it to me for our 3 month "anniversary".  3 years later, its still meaningful to us.  Problem is... The song is about 6.5 minutes long and there is no way to cut it down or remove a verse without ruining the song. 

The last thing I want is yawns in the audience while we share our first dance as H&W. 

So my questions are this.  Should we still use this song as our first dance?  Should we pick something shorter?  Is there any way to make this more interesting?  Invite other couples to dance mid-way through? 

HELP!!! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Song Too Long??

• ashleycraig2ashleycraig2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally wouldnt care!!! It is your time to be together and share something so precious! you could even have the beginning start when they are introducing you, thatcould cut down the time.  In my own personal opinion, rememberthis is my PERSONAL OPINION, I wouldnt want anyone joining in on my first dance with my husband...but that could be a different feeling for you or anyone else!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're worried about it, you could have the DJ announce that everyone else can join in halfway or whenever.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_song-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:1ae89401-2450-4905-a6a6-d80edb61c2b4Post:ac905f22-c308-40cf-b67f-38924a62494e">Re: Song Too Long??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're worried about it, you could have the DJ announce that everyone else can join in halfway or whenever.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It is only 6 minutes. If your guests cannot find something to talk about in that time frame then that is their problem. Dance to whatever you want!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards